SAINTх9 FC-M815-2 (175,36/22T) 83mm crankset

Clerictgm mk2

You don't need spacers to fit Shimano cranks on an Inspired. It is dangerous to run more than the prescribed number of spacers, as you reduce the contact between the spine on the non-drive side crankarm and the BB spline. This can result in stripping the crankarm spline, which is made of soft cheese-like metal. This happened to me last winter and it was not fun!

There is a easy solution if you want to run these cranks. What you need to do is machine the spider down enough so that the chainring will not contact the frame. Then you need to choose the right BB (more narrow is better). I am running a Truvativ GXP on the drive side and a Shimano XT on the other side. The Shimano is the most narrow and will work, but pick up a spare because they crack easily. Truvativ on both sides is too thick. Hope is also too thick. A thicker BB could work but it means you need to machine the spline a bit more, and run the risk of the chain contacting the bashring.

I will post pics of my setup later, hope this helps.

The 83mm crankset comes with a 10mm longer centre tube in the bb which you just take out. Then the bb s the same as all saint cranks without a centre tube.

Then the 83 crankset has a 10mm longer axle legnth. Yes 10mm longer so you will get all of those soft like cheese crank splines on easily with the extra 10mm.

And you will get plenty of space to run those 24mm raceface spacers which it sounds like you may need if regular saints catch the chainstay on the bike.

I honestly think an 83mm saint would fit slightly better Than the 68/73 crank.