British world Champion. Jack Carthy.

kevind

He is something else, would be nice to see some recognition from British Cycling (me portraying my hatrid of them again?!).

Quite funny how we have the Junior and Elite world champ yet we still can't manage to host one of the world rounds, I bet it would get some serious attention!

He is something else, would be nice to see some recognition from British Cycling (me portraying my hatrid of them again?!).

Quite funny how we have the Junior and Elite world champ yet we still can't manage to host one of the world rounds, I bet it would get some serious attention!

Exactly dave. But as you say, BC hate trials, so it won't happen

Having now been to the world champs, there are also a few other countries that get no support from their main (UCI) affiliated bodies. But the ones that do are well funded and organised and you just need to look at the results to see what countries they are. There is a history that I am not privy to with British cycling. I saw first hand there total lack of help in Norway towards the trials team (we even had to get a minor mechanical issue sorted on one of the bikes by a very helpful team truck from another nation) even down right bad manners towards the trials team. These guys have to be seen with the team clothing at all times with the British cycling sponsors, yet get nothing not even manners.

What I dont understand is that trials is part of the UCI and even in the name of the event but is not recognised in the UK.

I em three people in Scottish cycling to just let them know that for the first time (to my knowledge) a Scottish rider was part of the British trials team and as I expected did not get one reply. I was not even asking for anything just some recognition as a start to them perhaps moving towards trials. I had been told that they would not even have the manners to reply before I sent them.

It will be interesting what they do of the back of Jacks double win this year, but I am not holding my breath!

• Like 1

Was Duncan one of the people you emailed? ;)

Can't remember names but the new Boss, East of Scotland development officer and his boss. Was told that they have no interest at all in trials by someone involved with Scottish cycling and way back they would not even put trials on there website when I started the club. Was not expecting anything other than a bit publicity for Scottish trials. But the bad manners is what gets me.

Just had aquick look on British cycling cant see any mention of Jacks achievments.

Edited by kevind