Drunkenly bought an on-one 456 carbon bike. Did I do a booboo?

N.Wood

Well it was a sunday and cider was involved and you know how it is. Anyway, I was after a 'hardcore xc' build and this one fitted the bill. I actually told the dude this morn that I bidded wrongly and was up for paying for him to relist it, but i've now had a good scout around and can't find anything better so just told him i'll probably come and collect it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111474340884?_trksid=p2059210.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The formula brakes can be a littel hit and miss, also expensive to sort if they do go wrong. I'd say it's the only weak link in that build; bloody bargain really! I've been considering the 456 Evo frame, look like bargains really. Let us know how you get on with it.

Turns out it's a beaut! Lighter than I wasexpecting, fits pretty well with a long seatpost and is in pretty immaculate nick. Brakes are pretty low on power (160mm front, 140mm rear) but thats about the only thing I can see I'll wanna change soon.

Turns out it's a beaut! Lighter than I wasexpecting, fits pretty well with a long seatpost and is in pretty immaculate nick. Brakes are pretty low on power (160mm front, 140mm rear) but thats about the only thing I can see I'll wanna change soon.

I'll buy it off you if you don't use it much.

I will keep it in mind, but the point is I know I won't use it a lot so I didn't spend a bunch of money on it.

I used to have an Intense 5.5 with CCDB shock with ti spring and all the other bells and whistles but it was a lot of money to sit in the garage and was over biked for the riding I do.