Project Dutch...

Tom Booth

The missus wants a 'Dutch bike' to ride to work and back. She's had a proper ladies bike for a while now which is tired so she wants that renovating. Just thought I'd put a topic up for progress really..

From great beginnings... It is a complete bike, I just didn't get a shot before I pulled it apart.

imagejpg2_zps3f7d9ce2.jpg

So far on the purchased list are..

- Deore vee setup

- White jagwire cable set

- 700ccx35 schwalbe Delta cruisers in cream

- brown saddle and grips

- retro Raleigh chain gaurd

- retro chrome pannier rack

- front basket

- Dutch/cruiser swept bars

- Dutch style front led light

Plan is to paint forks, frame, mudguards red, with cream accents all over then chrome/silver parts and tan/brown grips and seat. It's all been done before but that's her choosing.

I know the frame style isn't there, but this is the desired end product...

imagejpg1_zpsec12fe4d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

On with building a bike up for the wife myself, after looking at a few options my dad gave me an old 700c wheeled Raleigh that his gf rode for a while (given to her by my Uncle) but it was looking a bit sorry so I'm pretty much rebuilding it from scratch. Frame came back from the powder coaters this morning in a lovely shade of green (major gamble but I won't go on) and I've just ordered some 1" ahead forks and headset as I hate threadless stuff as I can't ever get it working right. Will start a thread myself once the forks (and wheels ;)) arrive!