Light but grippy tyres for light trail riding?

N.Wood

Hello all.

I am currently running folding Mountain Kings front and rear, the front being a Supersonic handmade original tread pattern one, the rear being a cheaper harder compound in the 'mk2' pattern.

I usually ride places with lots of gravel and rock rather than particularly muddy places.

I don't ride huge miles so I'm not bothered about tread wear, but whats the grippiest compound and best tread pattern for this kinda riding?

I'd guess around the 2.2" mark is a good size. Not too bothered about brand or price for the minute, just needs to be fairly light and definitely folding bead.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

X kings ive been running for light xc and road lasted best part of 9 months and now im x king front extra grip compound and trail king rear both 2.4 done my first proper ride last weekend took on wet grassy hills climbs and muddy steep descents had no problems with them

I got mountain kings off ogre through halfrauds, at £10.81 each. Wish I hadn't bothered. They are shit. No grip, vague feeling on the front and two punctures in two rides. Gone back to the moto diggers, never had any trouble with them, and they are well grippy