Inspired Console Custom Bike

JKH

Here is a pic of my new street trials rig! Traded my Hex for a Console. Still working on the final setup, but parts selection so far:

- Inspired Console frame and fork

- Inspired high rise bar

- Chris King ISO Hubs front and rear (polished silver)

- Shimano cranks (XT drive side, SLX non-drive

- Hope Pedals

- Hope Mono Trials Brakes (front regular pads, rear Jitsie pads, mono rotors 180mm)

- Pimplite rims

- Conti Tires

- KMC K810 Chain

- Trialtech arcade stem

- Trialtech foam grips

- Inspired Pivotal Kevlar Seat

Weight: 11.5 Kg

I will get a proper camera and post better pics soon. Second ride on it tonight.

consolepic.jpg

• Like 6

Did I miss the moment that rim and tyre manufacturers decided to increase the amount of times they mention their brand within a space of 75" inches by 50%?

Great looking bike, ruined a bit by just how many logos there are on those wheels – not your fault, and you've done a great job of lining them up :)

• Like 1

Did I miss the moment that rim and tyre manufacturers decided to increase the amount of times they mention their brand within a space of 75" inches by 50%?

Great looking bike, ruined a bit by just how many logos there are on those wheels – not your fault, and you've done a great job of lining them up :)

I kind of prefer that positioning of the three logos compared to the 9/12/3 positioning of the three logos on Holy Rollers. That always annoyed me about them. At least with the Conti logos they do match to the Atomlab logos reasonably well. As far as I know, the triple Conti logo is kind of an anomaly to these tyres. They usually just do them on their proto tyres along with a little number code for the sidewall/compound, whereas on the production ones they have the tyre name/model on there as well as the Continental logo. Because of the "will they/won't they" nature of the Danny tyres, it seems they just stuck with the triple logo setup.

Tyre stuff aside - nice bike (Y) Must ride completely differently to your Hex!

• Like 2

Actually it was the shop that set it up that way I thought the logo thing was a bit weird when I first saw it!

And there I was ripping ol Travis for having SLX cranks on his Console.

This thing is stunning. Not my first choice of parts but its very bling looking. I dont know why but I like the silver headset on it. B)

The drive side is actually XT. I did something stupid and stripped the non-drive side of the XTs. The only single replacement crank I could find was an SLX. So now I have mismatched cranks, oh well!

I kind of prefer that positioning of the three logos compared to the 9/12/3 positioning of the three logos on Holy Rollers. That always annoyed me about them. At least with the Conti logos they do match to the Atomlab logos reasonably well. As far as I know, the triple Conti logo is kind of an anomaly to these tyres. They usually just do them on their proto tyres along with a little number code for the sidewall/compound, whereas on the production ones they have the tyre name/model on there as well as the Continental logo. Because of the "will they/won't they" nature of the Danny tyres, it seems they just stuck with the triple logo setup.

Tyre stuff aside - nice bike (Y) Must ride completely differently to your Hex!

It is a lot better for me than the Hex! I have really long legs so it was hard for me to get my weight far enough back to bunnyhop the Hex properly. I tried the Skye, Fourplay and the Arcade before settling on the Console. The Arcade felt almost perfect, except I though the BB should be a bit higher and a 22-16t gearing rather than 22-15t. The Console rides like a dream!

Edited by JKH

Really nice. Out of interest, is there a decent bit of blurb anywhere about how the geo differences between the Fourplay, Console, Arcade and Flow affect handling?

I think it really depends on the rider and their background. I am relatively tall 188cm, and coming from the Hex, but I also ride a Inpulse R26 and Meta VTT2. Here is my view

Skye: felt great, very stable for manuals and easy to bunnyhop, probably due to the shorter wheelbase and low BB. It was very stiff and responsive; with the through-axles front and rear you barely feel any flex. The reach is short, so my knees hit the bars, otherwise I might have considered it.

Fourplay: Similar to the Skye, felt a bit more like a trials bike (higher BB, slightly longer reach)

Arcade: Finally a bike where my legs didn't hit the bars. This bike feels very special, you can ride it like a BMX or a trials bike. Back-wheel moves not the best due to relatively heavy gear ratio. Bike flexes so everything feels a bit smoother.

Console: Similar to Arcade but a bit better on rear wheel and more comfortable gear ratio. Front end flexes a bit more due to non-through axle fork.

• Like 1

Really interesting – thanks for taking the time to write that out. I'm 190cm and knee-stem means I have to wear pads on my Fourplay, although I've not had knee-bar yet. So you're saying the steel frames feel noticeably softer? I was bit shocked at first by the lack of the compliance of the Fourplay. So do you prefer the Arcade or the Console?

Really interesting – thanks for taking the time to write that out. I'm 190cm and knee-stem means I have to wear pads on my Fourplay, although I've not had knee-bar yet. So you're saying the steel frames feel noticeably softer? I was bit shocked at first by the lack of the compliance of the Fourplay. So do you prefer the Arcade or the Console?

The steel Inspired bikes are noticeable softer, and heavier (the Console weighs 1kg more than my Hex!). I would be happy with either the Arcade or the Console, but coming from a comp background I prefer the slightly easier gear and higher BB of the Console. In terms of looks, I prefer the Console, but they are both sick!