24 build

Scott Gibbs

Didn't that new style M820 lever have that grim clunk-click feeling at the start of the stroke or was that one of the other thousands of Shimano levers you've tried, Ali? :P

Still much more keen on the look of the M810 lever, but the disproportionate body/lever length thing on most newer style levers has grown on me courtesy of the Tech 3 levers I've got at the moment.

most people don't have 600 levers and calipers to play with

Martin has a Saint lever conected to a MT5. Let's se what he's gonna tell us. He ran the 810 before.

the Tech 3 levers I've got at the moment.

I suppose you ran a Race Lever before. Would you mind telling how the Tech 3 lever compares?

Didn't that new style M820 lever have that grim clunk-click feeling at the start of the stroke or was that one of the other thousands of Shimano levers you've tried, Ali? :P

Still much more keen on the look of the M810 lever, but the disproportionate body/lever length thing on most newer style levers has grown on me courtesy of the Tech 3 levers I've got at the moment.

It does have that, it's not noticeably more than the M810 though. One thing I hated about the M810 lever was the lack of a split bar clamp, I hate lock on grips and it was a pain in the arse taking my grips off if I wanted to bleed the brakes or take them off for travelling or whatever.

Ali and Dman would you suggest 180mm rotors front and rear or 203mm front and rear?

180s will be enough for all but the most harsh moves when you're really hanging off the bike.

Martin has a Saint lever conected to a MT5. Let's se what he's gonna tell us. He ran the 810 before.

I suppose you ran a Race Lever before. Would you mind telling how the Tech 3 lever compares?

I ran the Race lever for a ride before I realised I didn't like it :P The Tech 3 is way better in every way - the adjustability is the main thing, but arc and feel of the lever blade seemed much nicer too.

It does have that, it's not noticeably more than the M810 though. One thing I hated about the M810 lever was the lack of a split bar clamp, I hate lock on grips and it was a pain in the arse taking my grips off if I wanted to bleed the brakes or take them off for travelling or whatever.

180s will be enough for all but the most harsh moves when you're really hanging off the bike.

I'm still in early stages of riding so I'm not going massive. Cheers Ali.

I ran the Race lever for a ride before I realised I didn't like it :P The Tech 3 is way better in every way - the adjustability is the main thing, but arc and feel of the lever blade seemed much nicer too.

Powerwise they should be the same though. I have to admit that I don't really like the flimsiness of the race lever either and miss my 810lever. I might not miss them with a Tech 3 lever...

With great difficulty. I got one out by putting a long socket extension bar in from the crown end, and hitting it hard to smash the star nut. Only other thing to do is to hit it down from the top so its out of the way

You don't need it fully out - the Fourplay forks as new only have 45mm of thread and you wouldn't need more than that. You just run the tap in from the top so if you just hammer the existing star nut in a little further you're all good. With how tight fitting they are that extra couple of hits might break it anyway...

Then just hammer the b*****d out :)

I've done it before and remember it being easier than it's made out to be. Just line up and hold the extension bar as central as you can through the bottom of the fork and just wallop it until the starnut either deforms into separate pieces or comes out as one piece through the top.