Another 24" Marino

i like cunning stunts

Just built this as a little Xmas present for myself see if this bike can rekindle a bit of love for trials again.. Iv'e been messing about with the bar height today so will take a while to get that right. Plus due to using a TT freewheel on the rear and them raceface cranks my chainline is less than ideal.

Just a couple of snaps how it looks now.

20141222_145325_zps782b57de.jpg

20141222_145241_zpsa8776276.jpg

20141222_145223_zps47300e52.jpg

20141222_145358_zps8630c097.jpg

Edited by i like cunning stunts
  • Like 5

Might just be the offset straight blade forks but that head angle looks very steep. Nice looking bike still.

Indeed it does seem very steep and twitchy should be good for some front wheel stuff.. Cheers

how are the brakes?

nice bike, black build just work

Errmm i haven't actually been on the bike properley and they will need bedding in so can't really comment yet!

I have the same problem, I ended up using a half link so that the wheel moves back slighlty more, although I asked for the chainstay lengthy which matches up with a 22-15 ration not 22-16, there is not much in it but I am going to change the rear from 16-15, I ran my wheel right at the end of the drop outs for a while which also worked good, and from seeing the marks on your drop outs, did you do the same?

I've used a halflink as well for a couple of weeks. Now my chain has stretched a little, so I removed it again.

cs lenght is 365 now like I've ordered. Tyre clearance is 1mm on each side though. So it`s hard to keep it rub free...

I can install a halflink again so there is more clearance. But that also means the cs lenght will be close to 375.

When I order 365cs I expect it be able to ride that way without any problems.

I think it's the Hollowtech and Freewheel combination. You don't really see it on street bikes, all the Inspired bikes with freewheels come with Isis bb/cranks, and I'm guessing they're at least 118mm, probably 128mm which is not a mountain bike friendly size. Hollowtech is made for mountain bikes but doesn't have the longer axle option unless it's a big dh bike with an 83mm shell.

I'm assuming you're already using 2 spacers on the drive side of the bb? If so I think it's probably just the Hollowtech/freewheel combo. Freewheels put the sprocket pretty far out on the hub, where on a freehub body you'd have the sprocket half way in or further. Your sprocket probably sits a good 20mm further out than mine.

I think it's the Hollowtech and Freewheel combination. You don't really see it on street bikes, all the Inspired bikes with freewheels come with Isis bb/cranks, and I'm guessing they're at least 118mm, probably 128mm which is not a mountain bike friendly size. Hollowtech is made for mountain bikes but doesn't have the longer axle option unless it's a big dh bike with an 83mm shell.

I'm assuming you're already using 2 spacers on the drive side of the bb? If so I think it's probably just the Hollowtech/freewheel combo. Freewheels put the sprocket pretty far out on the hub, where on a freehub body you'd have the sprocket half way in or further. Your sprocket probably sits a good 20mm further out than mine.

Exactly right im gonna run it see how it goes if its not working right il just get a different set of cranks..

Looks great dude! Glad you're happy with it.

Still got a couple of frame and fork sets left if anyone is keen.

Cheers mate thanks for the help.

Most of the full build inspireds I've seen come with those howitzer cranks and bb, which are mega wide and have loads of offset. The bb cups sit out a good 10mm either side of the frame, and the granny ring is therefore set quite a bit out from the bb shell, and somewhere near right for a freewheel rear end, rather than a freehub