Scottish rounds 2015

kevind

Happy new year to all and hope Santa brought you shiny new things?

I will attempt to get Scottish dates up asap. It will be five rounds if I can, but Aaron's schedule is pretty busy this year. Already many date clashes, so it will be a bit here and there this year date wise, unless anybody is happy to organise?

Killin is confirmed although we have AC/DC gig that day so new date required.

Fort William should be ok.

Bob Macgregor as an easy one to organise

Thinking of going back to Kinlochleven as we have not been there for few years.

Aviemore has removed most of the sections and I don't have the time to rebuild it again this year and we also have a date clash. So need a new venue. Anybody got any ideas?

Great to here, would love a weekend in Skye but very busy with work. Asked around Aberdeen a few years ago for a venue and nothing came up. Been working on farms all last year up the East coast and none of these had anything to offer. Got my self a really clean SY Scorpa now, so can get back to having some days riding. Could do with a weekend away up in the mountains riding!! Let me know when you want to do Skye and I will see if its an empty weekend.

I have been up before, lots of big rocks, I would say it is more suited to the a push bike than a moto anyway - I could go up one day and get some pictures if you'd like. I think you only need to ask the BAMCC for the contact at craiglash quarry.

Why have they done that to aviemore? any reason? Will it ever be put back to the way it was?

As Yoshi said finding non-tidal spots is the difficult bit, especially round Grampian. The rocks at Montrose could definitely be good for a comp, although maybe not so much for the lower classes and again these have tidal constraints

Edited by ben_travis

Ben if you have time some photos would be nice but if you think it would suit a bike trial then I will give them a call. I don't have much time this year to spend lots of time on site so it really needs to be a roll up maybe a weekend before to get the sections sorted in my mind then marked out on the Saturday unless you can help?

Aviemore, has a new boss that wanted it all cleared up to make it look nice (fair enough) but basically every section has been destroyed. Now we have had discussions he understands what Simon and I were trying to achieve and is more than happy to reinstate the sections in other locations, but as above I just will not have the time this year. The British date is cancelled due to this and the date clash with the BIU world champs in Spain.

• Like 1

Tell Simon, he's a douchebag

Simon has gone. He'd come from a job as Marketing manager for Dunkin' Donuts in London so maybe he'd had his fill of life in Aviemore…although I heard he moved to Ireland… We've cut ties with Glenmore Lodge this year as well as there doesn't seem to be such a vested interest from either party really. I don't think any form of biking is high up on their agenda. Shame really there goes my £27 a night loch-side accommodation!

Simon has gone. He'd come from a job as Marketing manager for Dunkin' Donuts in London so maybe he'd had his fill of life in Aviemore…although I heard he moved to Ireland… We've cut ties with Glenmore Lodge this year as well as there doesn't seem to be such a vested interest from either party really. I don't think any form of biking is high up on their agenda. Shame really there goes my £27 a night loch-side accommodation!

You paid to stay there? :bow:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi team.

At last, my years weekends are already gone!

round 1 24th May Kinlochleven (hope its good weather! as its a great site) Beer in the Macdonald as its my Birthday.

round 2 Fort William 6/7th June with British at World Downhill

round 3 Killin 27th June (Saturday)

round 4 TBA 9th August hopefully new venue

round 5 Bob Macgregor 20th September (this may change as Bike Trial Federation may use this as a replacement to Aviemore)

Club membership forms up soon and more info on the new Facebook site for the club. Thanks to Lyndsay.

• Like 3

New dates now British is confirmed. Rnd 1, 2 and 3 are confirmed Round 4 is now at Bob Macgregor on the 16th August and is a joint British Scottish round and the September round is at a new venue that we are waiting on conformation. Club membership forms will be on the clubs facebook page shortly.

Edited by kevind