Trouble adjusting Magura rear rim brake

tomireland

I bought a second hand Onza T-Bird at te tail-end of last year and it has got the old Magura HS11 hydraulic rim brake on the rear. It came with the standard Magura factory pads which were okay, but I've replaced them Rockman Greens.

Problem is, they are REALLY close to the rim and rubbing against the sidewall of the tire. I cannot seem to shift the pistons/slave cyclinder (not sure about terminology there) back further to move the pad away from the rim.

Any ideas or tips?

Cheers.

Tom

I bought a second hand Onza T-Bird at te tail-end of last year and it has got the old Magura HS11 hydraulic rim brake on the rear. It came with the standard Magura factory pads which were okay, but I've replaced them Rockman Greens.

Problem is, they are REALLY close to the rim and rubbing against the sidewall of the tire. I cannot seem to shift the pistons/slave cyclinder (not sure about terminology there) back further to move the pad away from the rim.

Any ideas or tips?

Cheers.

Tom

HS11 does not have a TPA ( a small screw that you can adjust the pads) but try this.

There are 2 bolts on your mount, screw one of them out for half a turn-1 turn. After pull the brake slightish. the caliper will push itself away from the rim evenly, then just tighten the bolts, and voila

Thanks for the tips. I ended up doing something similar, but had to move the rear wheel forward a touch. Slackens the chain a wee bit, but now stops like nothing else. Cheers!

you could also move the mounts forward and rear a bit, so you can adjust the wheel to the best position for the chain

have a play with them, there is a tarty video how to set up them properly that might help you!