Going to be building my first frame, looking for design ideas.

jnthebiker

Hey all. I'm taking welding and machining lessons from a bike builder friend of mine, and he said that eventually (not too long from now) I can make my own trials frame out of some scrap frames and metal he's got. I'll probably be working with steel. I'm just not sure what I am going to make, and am looking for ideas. I was thinking a hybrid(between pure and street) 24" frame with a really out of the box looking design, but since that would require me buying all new components, I was also thinking of building a stock with similar design instead to put on my already built Echo Pure. If anyone's got any ideas, I'm open to them all. Any wheel size, design, geo, and anything else you think could be good. I'll post up some of my designs in this thread as I finish them.

thanks

JN

Something middle of the line, +40bb, 1040wb, 364cs 72ha. Threaded bb, maggie and disk mounts I'd say. Not to extreme, but will still spin if you want it to, and be fairly trialsy

So you're thinking a stock? That's where I'm heading I think. Any ideas for design or looks?

Yeah I meant 24" wheel. Forgot to write it in. Like a mod but still quite flicky

So you're thinking a stock? That's where I'm heading I think. Any ideas for design or looks?

Yeah, I'd have onza limey style dropouts, with the threaded screw and locknut, and proper steel insert threads on the maggie mounts. And I'd keep the frame low profile, like a because street