Sending a bike by post (eBay return)

Tony Harrison

Long story short, bought a bike off eBay, seller is a good guy but he'd got mixed up about the size and listed it wrong. Also there were some nasty scratches on it - turns out he'd given the bike to the local bike shop to send, and some clown there had damaged it.

He's agreed to take it back and full refund, as you'd expect, although he's taking ages to sort himself out and get me the details I need, so I have opened an eBay case.

Can anyone recommend a good courier to send from mainland UK to Dublin? It's a standard mtb box, weighs about 13-14kg. I want something reliable but not too expensive (ha ha, don't we all!). I'm trying to insist he sends a courier to me, because I'm getting tired of this now.

I've had joy with the likes of ParcelMonkey on numerous occasions before. They're a bit like a Compare the Market for couriers so get things packed up as small as possible then pop the dimensions into the site and see what you can do. I once managed to send a full bike to Italy for a smidge under £13 (uninsured by buyers decision/at his risk mind!) :P

Getting him to arrange the courier to collect is by far the easiest way for you though, obviously.