Gu 26''

niconj

Nice bike.... bikes!!!

Like all the builds, but my favorite was the very first, that damn Karbon fork looks good on everything!

Yeah, those forks look good but I really couldn't get good braking out of them or the Racing Line Nano brakes that I've used them with. I am aware that many pros use these forks without problems but once you've used a vee setup and noticed that there's almost no resistance at the lever when pulling it, you won't like to go back hydraulic. :) Just my personal opinion. Still got those forks in my shed though.

edit: Could try the Try All forks with a vee adaptor but I've read that this isn't just the same as when mounting them on the front.

Edited by niconj

Yeah, those forks look good but I really couldn't get good braking out of them or the Racing Line Nano brakes that I've used them with. I am aware that many pros use these forks without problems but once you've used a vee setup and noticed that there's almost no resistance at the lever when pulling it, you won't like to go back hydraulic. :) Just my personal opinion. Still got those forks in my shed though.

edit: Could try the Try All forks with a vee adaptor but I've read that this isn't just the same as when mounting them on the front.

it's a very good combination when you have Avid Speed Dial 7 levers on v-brake,

I had all brakes combination on a bike ,

front disk BB7 rear v-brake/magura2005 , full v-brake, full magura 2005,

I stayed on front bb7 on front and rear magura 2005 ,

I love the soft lever on finger, and rear brakes due to the length of rope was a while solid, and while soft on rear brake ,

it's a very good combination when you have Avid Speed Dial 7 levers on v-brake,

True. I wouldn't recommend Deore Levers. Had it for a day and friction was somehow too much. With the SD7 it works like a charm. No need for the overpriced Ultimate levers.

Again some changes. V-Brake is so far the best brake I've ridden and I've had pretty much all the trial brakes out there. The grips weren't supposed to be like this but I tore one apart when changing the brake lever.

20201792434_c489d5be35.jpgGu Echo¹ by niconj, auf Flickr

20636436988_ac3a30134f.jpgGu Echo by niconj, auf Flickr

Get some Shimano Deore or XT levers, they're really nice feeling. I have Deores on my mod and on the rear of my Stock, I think they're more comfortable than the Avids

Get some Shimano Deore or XT levers, they're really nice feeling. I have Deores on my mod and on the rear of my Stock, I think they're more comfortable than the Avids

Had a Deore and didn't like it. Also, as written above, the Deore seem to produce more friction or have less mechanical advantage. At ceteris paribus the SD7 have less resistance when pulling them. I really like them.

Edited by niconj