Kenny writes to Giacomo

sapu

He's right. I don't watch comps at all, but I know Kenny's a top rider and ambassador, and even though I'm not a hoppy bike fan, his vids are always great because he makes the effort.

All I know about Giacomo is he dresses like an elf in the woods and screams at rocks.

• Like 7

Can't fault Kenny for making the effort. I wasn't aware of all this, what a guy. Also, I 've said it before, fontenoy is the only one who actually looks like he does it for the fun of it, and enjoys riding, where money isn't an issue. I'm not a fan of either of the coustelliers now, Gilles looks miserable most of the time and Giacomo couldn't come across as more of a mercenary If he tried. Its 100% not about the money in a sport as small as ours. It's about time one of the top level riders told it like it is, this is what the sport needs

Edited by bing

I wish I could understand french and listen to Giacamos video's. He's put 2 video's of him having a rant on facebook.

Kenny does a hell of alot but he's the only rider who is actually well off, but it's hardly kenny's fault he's made a successful career while other's havent done so well.

He deserves it, he makes it look as cool as you can and really puts himself out there, it turns out that Red Bull quite like this. He's well rounded too, I remember that Fourplay vid he made ages ago.

Meanwhile, hopping about angrily in tights ain't gonna pay the bills.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

He deserves it, he makes it look as cool as you can and really puts himself out there, it turns out that Red Bull quite like this. He's well rounded too, I remember that Fourplay vid he made ages ago.

Meanwhile, hopping about angrily in tights ain't gonna pay the bills.

Exactly, kenny is a businessman first and tailors his riding for the best outcome to the general public which gives trials the exposure it needs, and a better income for him. Common sense really.

I don't think it's just that though (as in not purely tailoring his riding to make money). Kenny always looks like he's enjoying what he's doing and is approachable and just a generally nice guy. I'm sure the Cousts are nice in their own way but riding wise they tend to put out crap videos (as in poorly put together, editted etc. regardless of riding content) and only ever come across as angry Frenchman taking things way too seriously which is never going to catch the public's/sponsors attention outside of the sport and so they'll never 'make it' in the same sense as Kenny. And don't get me started on the clothing choices.

• Like 1

I don't think it's just that though (as in not purely tailoring his riding to make money). Kenny always looks like he's enjoying what he's doing and is approachable and just a generally nice guy. I'm sure the Cousts are nice in their own way but riding wise they tend to put out crap videos (as in poorly put together, editted etc. regardless of riding content) and only ever come across as angry Frenchman taking things way too seriously which is never going to catch the public's/sponsors attention outside of the sport and so they'll never 'make it' in the same sense as Kenny. And don't get me started on the clothing choices.

If you look at some really old competition videos ypu will see kenny in a different light, in my experience kenny is very deep in concentration during competion and looks pretty aggressive. Every one deals with that kind of pressure in different ways. They are both very approachable. We away from that type of pressure.

Aurélien Fontenoy is maybe the only rider who is having a good time and is chilled out and easy going.

• Like 1

Brilliant letter, but any sport is full of the complainers and just turn up then go home, I have seen it in any sport I have been involved with. Just got to ignore the negative and do what he does, if people don't want to participate in their sport there is nothing we can do as organisers. I do it because I get great fun out of it and enjoy the game of building sections to see if I can beat the riders into dropping marks. (not fives before you all complain). As for the British trials scene then, other than a few riders its on its way down and I don't have an answer, opinion yes!!

British cycling have no interest in trials and therefore world level future is never going to be positive as it isn't organised for any rider willing to put the effort in. (Jack is included in this). I have first hand experience of how bad mannered and unhelpful they are to the trials team last year.

The sport is heading into crisis in my opinion at all levels and people like Kenny, if you agree with him or not are standing up to try and do something about it, offer opinions and stand up and offer to help.

• Like 2