Aching wrists

peter_t

Had a good three hour riding session yesterday, started to notice a bit of an ache but thought nothing of it. Woke up this morning and my left wrist is painfull when i move it! :(

Could it be my brakes? handle bars? I'v had problems before when i used to work as a tree surgeon, i think climbing and power tooks didn't help but i havn't had any problems for around a year up untill now.

Any suggestions?

No masterbation jokes please!

Im using Funn 30mm riser bars, although i am looking for a higher rise stem too as im using a makeshift mountain bike stem at the moment. I don't feel like there is too much weight on my hands.

I'v rolled them forward like i see other riders do. im not sure if this doesn't agree with me.

The only other thing i can think of is my brakes arn't the best. Im having to use two fingers for them to hold. Could this be straining them?

Edited by peter_t

Im using Funn 30mm riser bars, I'v rolled them forward like i see other riders do. im not sure if this doesn't agree with me.

The only other thing i can think of is my brakes arn't the best. Im having to use two fingers for them to hold. Could this be straining them?

This is most likely it as the upsweep and backsweep will be wrong for this bars-upside-down-like-a-road-bike craic. Turn em back to where they belong and see if the pain goes away.

Tra wears some sort of wrist guards. Might be a good idea to try something like that?

Alternatively I've just seen these whilst window shopping in the online bargain bin

661 Wrist Wrap 2014 | Chain Reaction Cycles £6.99!

How long have you been riding for? I don't know any trials rider who didn't have this pain when they started.. Give yourself a bit of break away from the bike then once the pain is gone jump on it again. You will keep getting this for the first 1-2 months I guess, so take it easy :)

• Like 1

I guess i've been riding on and off for around a year but a bit more seriously lately. I last rode on sunday with a new stem and the bars tweeked which was a big improvement but the ache was still there. I never have problems with my mountain bike but i guess thats like compairing chalk and cheese.

I would sort the brakes out when you can regardless as you're just having to put more effort into your riding anyway. Bar and lever angle wise If you run your bars forward your body should follow if you're one of the people who roll them forward but still stand in the same position over your bike or your geo just doesn't really suit that then you're also just making effort for yourself.