Parlour - Lee Mill Quarry Quick Clips

aener

I was feeling really up for riding, so went to Lee Mill for a solo ride, but when I got there I just felt terrible. It was really windy, and then it started raining.

I persisted for a while, but then had had enough and was about to give up when I saw the sun peeking through (if you know why that's humorous then you deserve a medal!).

I went and got the camera from the car and decided to use filming for a mini-video as a means of pushing through feeling numb and hopefully start riding well.

The weather turned, I got in the swing of riding and had a lot of fun.

Most of the lines are pretty average, but there's a couple in there I'm really happy with.

Overall super pleased with myself on this one. There's better riding in others, but in terms of the being a video I think this is the best I've made :D

Edited by aener
  • Like 5

I agree with you that is one of your best vid mate. Everything was so smooth and controlled. Very well put together aswell. Music was beautifull. Such a pleasure and inspiration to see you ride your bike.

Can't wait for the next one.

I also like what you did explain on vimeo, the sun peeking out and the way you felt. awesome!

Without a shadow of a doubt flipp... your the best brake less rider out there!

How ever was that the song from titanic when they play the violins when the ship is sinking? Your riding seems fun and flow but the soundtrack is soo depressing haha!

But like I said this is a trials forum And the riding was really good!

What's that brake booster thingy do on the forks?

Helps stop his toes going through the space between the top of his tyre and the bottom of his forks when trying foot jam whips.

Yea, trying. :P

Edit: And for doing other in to front moves where the front wheel has to be stopped dead.

Edited by Ross McArthur

What's that brake booster thingy do on the forks?

As Ross said - the gap between the tyre and crown is quite large, so your foot can get sucked in when doing footjams.

It's mostly to enable front wheel gaps where I have to stop dead though. I can't remember the last time I did a footjam whip :P

Without a shadow of a doubt flipp... your the best brake less rider out there!

How ever was that the song from titanic when they play the violins when the ship is sinking? Your riding seems fun and flow but the soundtrack is soo depressing haha!

But like I said this is a trials forum And the riding was really good!

Music is deeply important to me. When you actually interact with it rather than taking it at face value, the simple fact that it is slow and reasonably minimal has absolutely no connection to being sad or depressing.

I personally find it more reflective and uplifting than depressing - but then I actually listen to it, rather than assuming I know what it's trying to convey because of the context of movie scenes music of a similar style (note: being played on the same instrument should not be taken to mean that it is even approaching the same thing) is often used in the background of.

I have wanted to use this piece for a long time now, but always refrained for fear of appearing pretentious. I agonized over music choice on this video for a long time before settling on Parlour.

I resolved to use the music I wanted to use, regardless, since I was making this video for my own enjoyment more than the entertainment of others.

Given how slow my riding is, I personally think music such as this is a more suitable accompaniment than anything else.

I felt that the "vibe" of this music encapsulated the "vibe" of the ride almost perfectly, and love the contrast between the soft music and harsh sounds of the hub.

If you are unwilling to accept - let alone appreciate - other styles of music then that is unfortunate, but given your recent attitude in your video thread, your opinion is not one I care all that much about.

• Like 3

Oright lad calm down just a simple sentence would of been fine! I never really said out harsh in fact I said your ridings mint and by far the best brake less rider out there! So if your just gonna pick up on everything bad I say.. then you can shove your compliment up your arse..