Chris Akrigg's Bike

Rich

Can't imagine them being that commercially viable, would put strong money on it remaining a one-off forever. No reason you can't go hunt down an old Megamo or something though, if you want what it was based on (seem to remember that was what he was tearing around on until this replaced it?)

i noticed it says he uses shimano hubs, although them rear axle bolts looks ALOT like pro 2 bolts :wink2:

regardless, akrigg is a hero, i personally find him hugely inspiring, id love to meet him, he comes across ace.

hope his riding career goes from strength to strength

Edited by DAMON WATSON.

If its anything like his old Megamo/mongoose stickered, I had the exact same frame and still have a brand new one hanging up in my spare room. The geo wudnt be that great to many riders. But as this is one was custom made it might have afew tweaks to make his riding better. One thing I didn't like was the look of the rear chainstay, between the rear wheel and saddle. Also the small headtube. Other then that I'm looking forward to seeing Chris in a video on this steed. He does run Hope hubs on his trials still, but is sponsored by Shimano that's why his other bikes are covered in the parts.

Edited by John Shrewsbury

Can't imagine them being that commercially viable, would put strong money on it remaining a one-off forever. No reason you can't go hunt down an old Megamo or something though, if you want what it was based on (seem to remember that was what he was tearing around on until this replaced it?)

Yeah the old black then orange 'mongoose' was spose to be a 90's(?) megamo like the one in this opening post

i noticed it says he uses shimano hubs, although them rear axle bolts looks ALOT like pro 2 bolts :wink2:

It's definately a pro2 in the back, no question. Front one is/looks to be a shimano though. Will be for sponsor reasons as already said, same reason for the paint and sticker frame job on the old bike.

as one of my favorite riders ever, its nice to see that his set up doesn't really change over the last 10 years at all

i could never believe a sponsored riders.. but the man knows what he like, and he dont change a thing,

Edited by alanczik

Didn't know he was thirty seven.Chris brown81 who started the over thities thread should check Akrigg out to allay any negative thoughts he may have had.

Also, is Mr.Akrigg from Keighley?.

I think around that way somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...