Saint M810 Help

cwtrials

Hey, looking for some insight on my brake setup. Got these saints going and they are just not working as well as saints should. (I have ridden them on a friends bike before). Thinking it might be something with my pad / rotor combo, but I'm looking for some opinions before I go buy more stuff. Fresh bleed, pads and rotor are not contaminated. Two full rides in, so plenty of time to get bed the pads

It's on a Ozonys Curve V5 24" all trialtech build :dance:

Here's the setup:

Saint M810 front and Rear

SLX-ZEE Deore RT66 Rotors - New 200mm each

Shimano M810 Resin Pads - New

Do you think the RT66 rotor or resin pads aren't a good match?

(sorry no pics, I'll try to grab some tomorrow)

Poured a liter of water on each front and rear, then 15 minutes of long hard stops between the two brakes. Then two 2-3 hour rides + 1 short ride. From my experience with other brakes (bb7 / Echo) that would be enough to get them decently bedded in.

I don't think I've ever needed to sand a rotor before putting new pads in? That just sounds like it'd slow the whole bedding in process down...

Agreed. Bedding in is essentially using the pads to smooth the rotor, and the rotor to profile the pads. Bit like lapping a heatsink.