Visually appealing trials park ideas?

cwtrials

Hey guys. I'm looking at taking another shot at building a trials park in my backyard. Last year I tried, but the top soil is so soft it feels similar to riding in sand. This year I've decided to spend some money and put some gravel in a portion of the yard with the compactor to give a nice solid base.

However.... we have a smallish lot (1/3 an acre), with an incredible view out the backyard, (mostly thanks to my awesome neighbor, who has a little vineyard right behind our property). So I don't really want to strew about pallets and random bits.

I'm up for spending a bit of money on this. Obviously I can do landscape boulders, various stone / wood walls, etc., so what I'm really looking for is a bit of inspiration and maybe some pictures of what other people have done. I remember seeing a couple pics of Hans Rey's front yard and thinking that would be cool to do someday. I have little kids as well, so I have a couple ideas for things that could double as a playground.

Right now I drive about an hour everytime I practice. I plan on putting in a pullup bar and maybe an outdoor gym as well.

Edited by cwtrials

Gardens get expensive to do but in the long run with the bigger picture using railway sleepers and different height wall's/ planters with gaps and so on, mixed with some out door seating and a quirky table it would be both fun to ride and look the part once planted up. Doubling as a pretty sweet garden and area for the kids. Mixed with a nice selection of rocks that to me would be the simple option but done right look the best.

as soon as you start trying to add too much it just become a trials area and starts to look that way.

I just Googled "railway sleeper gardens" and even though most aren't meant for riding they do look quite fun anyway so it should give you some good ideas!

Edited by Paperclip

Gardens get expensive to do but in the long run with the bigger picture using railway sleepers and different height wall's/ planters with gaps and so on, mixed with some out door seating and a quirky table it would be both fun to ride and look the part once planted up. Doubling as a pretty sweet garden and area for the kids. Mixed with a nice selection of rocks that to me would be the simple option but done right look the best.

as soon as you start trying to add too much it just become a trials area and starts to look that way.

I just Googled "railway sleeper gardens" and even though most aren't meant for riding they do look quite fun anyway so it should give you some good ideas!

I was gonna say more or less the same thing. So I'll just quote it instead.
  • Like 1