buying a vehicle

ogre

i'm an absolute noob when it comes to vehicles; i've got a new job and i need a vehicle to get to work and such, i'd prefer a van (i like the look of the astra vans) or an estate, i'm 24 so insurance isn't horrendous. i've got 3 grand and i can put a bit more in if needs be. what do i need to be considering? hah

If you're not fussed about performance I've been really quite impressed with my 1.3 CDTi Astra estate. Plenty of space, good on fuel and cheap to tax etc. I'd love to have an Astra (H) van (the Sportive's look pretty cool standard and with a few tweaks look sweet but I need the doors and seats for kids and general family shizzle.

Anything with the 1.9tdi VAG engine won't disappoint for ~£3k. Will get you a nicely specced model of any car with that engine with reasonable mileage and condition. Maybe Octavia estate? Or if you feel fruity, go all out and choose an E46 320d touring. Plenty of car for £3k also.

All I ever see when people buy second hand Astra van's that have been done up is the shit storm of things that seem to go wrong on them. Where as the Caddy van's are pretty good you just seem to get people putting some nice wheels swap seats maybe colour code and a re-map at most on them.

Either way with £3000 you're looking at high mileage so you need to try look for something that's not been over worked for sure.

Edit: Also my insurance dropped from a bog standard Partner 1.6 69 HDI van to my Caddy 1.9 140 :)

Edited by Paperclip