Microsoft office

Ali C

Hey, just got a new laptop and I seem to be a bit behind the times when it comes to softwear. I remember when computers came with Office as standard but now I need to spend either an extra £100 for a one-off instalment that's only accepted on one computer and non transferable if it broke or I changed it or rent Office yearly for ~£50.

I really don't like paying yearly for things, I'd rather just buy something and have it. Does anyone know where to get Office these days? I only really want Word too which is why I'm reluctant to spend loads on it.

Cheers

Like said, open office or other free ones can be just as good.

There are also web based alternatives. Google, Microsoft and Apple just to name a few do them that work with their cloud storage. So you could access your documents anywhere on any device.

EDIT: Or cracked older versions of office is another option.

Edited by Mikee

If its a Mac i got an unlocked copy of office.

It's good, but it's not quite Carling.

I had office on my mac for doing a lab report and hated every second of it! Look into Libre Office Ali, it's an open source software (for mac only) and has had years of improving/updating and in my opinion is probably the best word processor on the market. Oh, and it's free :P

Do you really need to type words in 5K resolution?

Typing text is one of the few places that high definition screens make a difference IMO, if you zoom in a little bit on some text on a retina and non retina display you'll really see the difference.

Granted they are overkill for looking at memes and watching videos of fat women fighting in burger king on YouTube and other daily browsing.

; )

Typing text is one of the few places that high definition screens make a difference IMO, if you zoom in a little bit on some text on a retina and non retina display you'll really see the difference.

Granted they are overkill for looking at memes and watching videos of fat women fighting in burger king on YouTube and other daily browsing.

; )

Don't zoom in then lol