The stylish riding position

Greetings

I'm more interested in the aesthetics of trials than how big riders can go. There seems to be a trait among the most stylish riders which is their rear wheel riding position. Two pics showing what I mean.

mAQVy2L.jpg

xIy1lDz.png

Just a simple comparison of the rear wheel position but their riding is actually really similar with the latter having more horsepower. I find it's the same rule with other riders - that rear wheel position = really explosive and stylish riding. Just wondering what people think.

Joe maher has an amazing style, and goes massive to say he's a relatively small bloke. Seen him ride a few times. I Think bar angle has a lot to do with this as well, look at Damons riding for example. I've rode with him many times and it's proof you don't need Carthy bars to do big stuff. Joe prattley is another one. Massive and smooth at the same time. Think the one lad I've rode with who surprises me everytime and has a really good style to watch is Barry Clay. So smooth and precise, and doesn't beast or force it up things, it's all technique

I think Damon is the best to watch, when he rolls up on the back wheel he just pauses until he's ready to go, none of that set up hop crap, I HATE excessive set up hops! Less hops = more accuracy and stuff.

• Like 1