Manifesto Disc Mount - strong enough?

cwtrials

Curious if anyone has experience with discs on it. I'm getting my manifesto going again for an all around play bike (still will have a pogo stick).

Normally I would stay away from discs on a 26" frame, but since it's overall an overbuilt steel anchor I thought it might take it. Has anyone tried it with success (or without success)?

thanks!

It's steel but how heavy is it? Are they stronger than the old 2002 ish white Ryan Leech Norco signature frames? Because I had one of those brand new and I cracked it in 2 places within 6 weeks, not disc related but if that's all it took then I wouldn't get my hopes up with a disc.

It's steel but how heavy is it? Are they stronger than the old 2002 ish white Ryan Leech Norco signature frames? Because I had one of those brand new and I cracked it in 2 places within 6 weeks, not disc related but if that's all it took then I wouldn't get my hopes up with a disc.

It is the white signature one, but it's more around 2008. This one has been beaten on fairly hard. Originally owned by Leech, I think it was his backup bike.

Might need to find a DX32 to get the vee's going again.