A bit more brakeless street... Inspired

HarryBradbury

Of course it was brakeless.

Did you see any brakes in it? No? That's pretty bloody brakeless then, isn't it?

If there's anything in any brakeless video that you actually need a brake for, then you can't do it brakeless so it can't possibly be in that video.

The old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" is something I feel people should observe a bit more with online videos. He's put effort into his riding, and further effort into making a video. If all you can say about it is a [largely irrelevant] offhanded dismissal such as that, I - and I'm sure also he - would prefer you simply didn't comment.

At least try to remember you're indirectly talking to a real, feeling person.

Controlling brakeless endo-pivots is hard - kudos!

• Like 3

none of the tricks u did needed a brake apart fron the back tyre on the piece of wood! its no really a brakeless edit :(

haha, that's the point, I don't really do a lot which needs brakes, so why run them? Its just dead weight if they're there but I don't use them

• Like 1

Of course it was brakeless.

Did you see any brakes in it? No? That's pretty bloody brakeless then, isn't it?

If there's anything in any brakeless video that you actually need a brake for, then you can't do it brakeless so it can't possibly be in that video.

The old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" is something I feel people should observe a bit more with online videos. He's put effort into his riding, and further effort into making a video. If all you can say about it is a [largely irrelevant] offhanded dismissal such as that, I - and I'm sure also he - would prefer you simply didn't comment.

At least try to remember you're indirectly talking to a real, feeling person.

Controlling brakeless endo-pivots is hard - kudos!

Unfortunately for you this is a forum that allows people to have an opinion, positive or negative, whether you like it or not. If you don't like what people have to say then thats your problem.

Anyway, I thought the video was alright but a bit repetitive. I look forward to seeing more videos as you improve.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for you this is a forum that allows people to have an opinion, positive or negative, whether you like it or not. If you don't like what people have to say then thats your problem.

Cool. My mistake. I didn't realize a "negative opinion" was synonymous with "being a dick".

If that's the kind of place you want this to be then I guess I'll leave you to it.

I'd become pretty attached to it, having been here for a while, but I guess I don't fit in any more because the people that used to be here who's attitude didn't stink have mostly already left. (Likely for the same reasons.)

Just didn't want him to go to the effort of making a video and the only response be "that's wrong".

• Like 3

Cool. My mistake. I didn't realize a "negative opinion" was synonymous with "being a dick".

If that's the kind of place you want this to be then I guess I'll leave you to it.

I'd become pretty attached to it, having been here for a while, but I guess I don't fit in any more because the people that used to be here who's attitude didn't stink have mostly already left. (Likely for the same reasons.)

Just didn't want him to go to the effort of making a video and the only response be "that's wrong".

Bye.
  • Like 1

ON TOPIC:

I liked some of the moves, but lacks a bit of variety - looking forward to the full edit.

OFF TOPIC:

none of the tricks u did needed a brake apart fron the back tyre on the piece of wood! its no really a brakeless edit :(

Dude, he has no brakes on his bike. Isn't THAT what defines brakeless, rather than what you actually do on the bike?

Anyway, I thought the video was alright but a bit repetitive. I look forward to seeing more videos as you improve.

Erm, stating that something isn't brakeless when something clearly is, isn't having an opinion. It's blatant stupidity.

Edited by hezzay

ON TOPIC:

I liked some of the moves, but lacks a bit of variety - looking forward to the full edit.

OFF TOPIC:

Dude, he has no brakes on his bike. Isn't THAT what defines brakeless, rather than what you actually do on the bike?

Erm, stating that something isn't brakeless when something clearly is, isn't having an opinion. It's blatant stupidity.

If I made a video and didn't use my brakes despite having them would I be able to call it brakeless? I'm not arguing that it wasn't brakeless but your definition is bollocks.

Once again the riding was quite good so I'm sorry to go off topic and draw attention away from that.

If I made a video and didn't use my brakes despite having them would I be able to call it brakeless? I'm not arguing that it wasn't brakeless but your definition is bollocks.

This is ALWAYS the argument that comes up from people in these situations. Have you ever taken your brakes off? It's completely different to riding deathgrip, as many people have said on this forum.

Everyone chill. The video was good, and that's what matters. Don't let the morons put you off making more Harry.

Apologies my opinion didn't come across right and I read the title as brakeless trials not street.... Your right it was a brakeless edit and yea it was more bmx street style. I was just hoping for some trials moves. Flipp chill out dude i wasn't trying to be a dick I jus read the title wrong!

Cheers

Yorkshire dale x

Apologies my opinion didn't come across right and I read the title as brakeless trials not street.... Your right it was a brakeless edit and yea it was more bmx street style. I was just hoping for some trials moves. Flipp chill out dude i wasn't trying to be a dick I jus read the title wrong!

Cheers

Yorkshire dale x

I liked it, doing lot's of things I want to learn. Videos like this always cry out for more trials a few more lines and a bit of height (on the things you're riding)

and it'd be even better.

I'm working on it man, the main reason (as stated in last video) is that where I live has f*** all to ride, so end up riding car parks/other boring objects. The main edit will be completely different to this one, a lot bigger, hopefully way more trials moves and a lot more variety as I'll actually be surrounded by spots to ride rather than flatland.

• Like 1