Saint help

SCOTTY___

Hey guys.

So I recently installed a new Saint m820 brake on my Marino. I seem to have the lever set up and personally I find it rather impressive in terms of feel... However.

It's sh*t. I have had 2 small street sessions on the brake and 2 laps on my village (it's all down hill) and it just doesn't seem to improve? Also compared to my front SLX, it feels spongy.

The SLX pulls and you can feel it stop dead and have a firm lever pull.

The Saint feels squishy ... But also pulls to around the same place as the SLX.

I have read online that the factory bleeds can be poor, that the case?

So far I'm running the standard Shimano H03 sintered pads the brake is supplied with. Also running an XT rt66 203 rotor.

Rotor was off the old SLX I had before it exploded at the mounts .

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I had uber bikes pads in my sram they were really good, currently running nukeproof sintered in a m820 and its savage, too good really.

I read posts all over the Internet calling the brake savage. Mine makes me cry haha, hopefully i am being too hesitant with the bedding in process.

Any shouts for a disc clean and new pads to be safe?

When I change my pads I boil the kettle and poor it over the rotor and pads it seems to do the trick really well and almost instantly bed in the brake. I run Organic pads though.

The bleed sounds like the best idea, I tried the standard Shimano pads and found them to be rubbish compared to the after market alternatives I would also stick on the uberbike ones after the fresh bleed!

Don't forget to keep your free stroke set somewhere in the middle and wind down your tpa for the bleed.