I've screwed my hub up a little

bikeperson45

So, my front wheel fell from a fairly high level, enough for the bearing on one side to fall out. I thought 'no problem' and was in the process of using the hub screws to get it back in there. Problem is, it didn't get it back in there and I ended up tightening the screw on the other side so tight trying to get the bearings in the screw ain't coming out now because when you twist it the spindle's spinning with it. I've tried vicing te other side and wd40 but nothing's getting it out of there. Yes I am stupid.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

If I understand the situation properly...

Double nut the bolt that is still free, or use a longer bolt if yours isn't long enough.

Take the hub bolt, wind on two nuts up to the bolt head, thread in the bolt to the axle all the way.

Now hold the bolt steady and crank one of the nuts into the end of the axle and use the other as a locknut.

Hold these with the spanner and undo the other side of the hub (the one that's stuck) like normal, then reverse the previous steps to get the double nut n bolt out.

Does that all make sense?

Edited by CC12345678910
  • Like 1