Help me find this genre of music (weird one)

dann2707

So I've heard this style of music a few times now and it's so hard to explain :(

It's basically like a reallllly bassy deep tone and quite dancy? Sometimes it has music in it
It's like a mixture of this opening scene
and this part of this video (click to play at exactly the right part)
I watched a movie called the house of the devil which is set in the 1980's (2009 movie but set back then) and it has similar sort of music.
I could have sworn it's called something like d-tone or b-tone type music?
If anyone can help me out with what sort of music it is i'd appreciate it so much.
We were sat at an outside bar the othernight in poland and they were playing that style of music so it must be in fashion now so hopefully some of you might know?
Cheers!

I'm not but it's f**king hard to describe a style of music when all you know is like the notes.

f**kING FOUND ITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was from the wrong film sorry guys it was from the guest!

Listen to the bassy bit? in the background, it's exactly like that I was after!

If that stuff I put up was what you are after here is some more retro futuristic / retro wave stuff:

It is mate!

I'm not too much of a fan of the really cheesy 80's stuff

But this song is perfection of what I was trying to find (from the guest again)

Do you know similar music to that?

Also this is quite similar.

I wish it was all the same genre title as i've heard so many classifications so far haha "retro synth wave" seems to be similar but again that's like the80's video game shit

Any advice?

Yeah stuff like this tends to have a lot of names because it is just rehashed musical ideas that keep going round in an endless cycle. Its relatively easy to make as well so there is a near infinite amount of it.

Here is some more bleepy sounding stuff to try:

Yeah stuff like this tends to have a lot of names because it is just rehashed musical ideas that keep going round in an endless cycle. Its relatively easy to make as well so there is a near infinite amount of it.

Here is some more bleepy sounding stuff to try:

Absolute hero mate! Those last two are perfect Cheers dude! Keep firing away ;)

I wish it was all the same genre title as i've heard so many classifications so far haha "retro synth wave" seems to be similar but again that's like the80's video game shit

Any advice?

That's because it sounds exactly the same as 90's video games :lol:

45minute set there (Y):P

It's a relatively recent update. Before that as well, the back button wouldn't necessarily take you to the specific tab you were on on an artist's page, so if you were pounding through the related ones you'd have to go Artist A Page -> Artist A Related Artists -> Artist B -> Back -> Artist A Page -> Artist A Related Artist -> Artist C and so on. Doesn't sound like much of a big deal but when you're spending hours looking through for songs for videos it adds up.

• 2 years later...

I found it from the Apple Music subscription library. Do you have a subscription? If not, you might just sign up a 3 months free trial. One thing worth to mention is that Apple Music are combined with the DRM encryption. If you'd like to enjoy Apple Music on any players, you'd try to find out  how to remove drm from audio files. Hope this guide can bring you some lights. good luck my friend.