Vapers Thread

JT!

What? I didn't even know having the coil above the post is a thing lol. Mine's below post, top of the coil level with the top of the screws.

EDIT: Yeah definitely looks better. Wet the cotton and see how they bung up the draw holes, if you see a gap it may leak.

EDIT EDIT: You may want to space out the coil a bit and see if that helps. Coils wrapped tightly together causes a "heat spot" if you will, too much heat on a single spot of the cotton can cause it to dry up and burn. Spread out the coil and heat is more evenly spread out, less likely to dry up a single spot.

Edited by weirdoku

Been busy tonight. Made 500ml of eliquid.

Strawberry, Cheesecake, Butterscotch, Rainbow Sherbet and Vanilla Cupcake.

Can't wait for these bad boys to steep. 100ml each should take about 2 week I reckon with the lids off and a shake a day.

20151030_194854_zpsiemrawrv.jpg

Speaking of rewicking techniques, this is how I do it when its been 2 weeks odd:

Old Coil Pack out

20151030_195316_zps1vrbjthp.jpg

Filthy horrible shite:

20151030_195429_zpsj3i3ckjo.jpg

Cylinder off

20151030_195432_zps8mxm0zap.jpg

Cut ends of old wick and pull out:

20151030_195549_zpsfsd3hwvh.jpg

20151030_195552_zpsxkxqleww.jpg

Fit into adapter and old mechanical Mod:

20151030_195630_zpsuxohhn5f.jpg

Spark it up:

20151030_195701_zpsij6ktmur.jpg

Dip into water stream whilst ignited and watch the shit come off to how a coil should look:

20151030_195823_zpsoscp1cqc.jpg

Pull off some cotton wool:

20151030_200029_zpsrbjpvxbu.jpg

Roll an end and feed it through:

20151030_200158_zpsqv4cvrot.jpg

Cylinder back on:

20151030_200312_zpsfwyl7zr1.jpg

Cut to final length:

20151030_200342_zpsknbegq6y.jpg

Split either end in to two (4 Feed Holes):

20151030_200423_zpsjnsvxa8h.jpg

Use a scalpel to poke each end to cover each of the 4 feed holes, should look like this at the end:

20151030_200708_zpsikqlezxh.jpg

Notice that the feed hole on the cylinder is now white:

20151030_200800_zpscvvhfrjv.jpg

Drip eliquid onto wick and ignite a few times:

20151030_195104_zpsy7vi3dun.jpg

Cap on:

20151030_200816_zpsm1rxwab8.jpg

Remove from Old mod and adapter:

20151030_200829_zpsfdrzv3rn.jpg

It now ready to be installed and used. I have 2 of these coil packs so just keep one ready to install (Minus fluid) and replace as and when. I then have 2 weeks to complete this process for the spare.

Covering the holes ensures no leaks. Be sure to clean each component on a regular basis. I tend to use an ultrasonic cleaner, but can be done with alcohol on a wipe. Can also keep a coil going for a surprisingly long time if you look after it. 

I am happy with how the eGrip is performing, using the coil packs makes a MASSIVE difference to the performance of the unit. It just takes some getting used to as everything is tiny and fiddly.

Cheers, Ash

Edited by Ash-Kennard
  • Like 1

Been busy tonight. Made 500ml of eliquid.

Strawberry, Cheesecake, Butterscotch, Rainbow Sherbet and Vanilla Cupcake.

Can't wait for these bad boys to steep. 100ml each should take about 2 week I reckon with the lids off and a shake a day.

What was your mixing ratios?

still wondering what kind of flavourings you guys use that its 15% of the liquid youve made in the above example.

didnt even find a flavour yet that recommends more than 5% on its label

edit:and i am a self-mixer since 2014

Edited by FamilyBiker

still wondering what kind of flavourings you guys use that its 15% of the liquid youve made in the above example.

I use clasikool flavouring but would it not depend on the vg/ppg ratios to how much flavouring you use? I'm no expert I've only been making my own for the last few months. 

I use clasikool flavouring but would it not depend on the vg/ppg ratios to how much flavouring you use? I'm no expert I've only been making my own for the last few months. 

I use 15% for all flavours I make, been doing it a fair while now and that suits my device just fine. Started with 20%, seemed overkill, went to 10%, not enough. Settled on 15%. I suppose PG/VG ratio comes into it somewhat, but with the flavourings often coming in 100% PG liquid, I would assume a higher PG ratio will give a stronger flavour. We shall see, I may move it back to 12% if 60/40 proves to be too intense. 

I use the chefsvapour products mostly, but have tried other stuff in the past.

If I were to make something elaborate again, I would start 50/50 15% overall and 10ml. But because I now mix in bulk flavour and decant into 30ml at a time, I can make any mix I want. Using the same ratios and overall flavourings means I just have to control the amount I put into the 30ml dropper bottle.

I am after some advice for a decent box mod battery pack. I am starting to get irritated that my device does not last a full day vaping. However, I still want something that fits reasonably into a pocket. Any recommendations? With that in mind, I will probably also be getting a new atomiser too, But am a bit out of touch, everything has moved on so much since I first started looking.

Cheers, Ash