Vapers Thread

JT!

Greyhaze is always rammed with customers. They do regular cloud comps and vapers world wide go there showing their smoke tricks ect 'till late night. They also headlined http://www.vaperexpo.co.uk/recently.

Not sure what shops your looking at but I'd say they're the wrong ones ;)

This is the gayest thing to ever take place

• Like 7

I didn't realise there was a "scene" with these things, I thought people just used them to try and quit smoking. This whole thread has been an eye opener. I don't get people using them that don't smoke though.

Yup, and there is an actual thing as #girlswhovape on instagram :( I love how suckered in people get in to stuff

Is this any different than any other hobby? What if this was a thread for people who actually smoke and talked about different tobacoo they've smoked? Oh wait this is a forum of people who got suckered into bikes with no seats who talk about bikes with no seats. We all must be gay.

• Like 2

They're not exactly inconspicuous things, could be mistaken for a clarinet, however, if they provide a help to those trying to quit smoking then that's great. My gripe is that I always assumed they were just a means to an end but it seems that people who wouldn't go near this sorts of thing are starting to see them as something to mess about with, which isn't too big a deal but glamorizing them isn't a wise move in my opinion!

Edited by OlegTinkov

Echoing back to a comment earlier about people who use them who haven't previously smoked, I think that is a tad narrow minded. I agree with Weiroku, what if there was a "smokers thread".

It's like asking someone who smokes, why they're smoking because they never have previously. I'm a non smoker, but I love mine. Girlfriends a smoker, cutting down using hers so it's great on like a social level, lots of friends use them and I find it's quite nice to sit and enjoy it so to speak, especially with a liquid that's full in flavour.

Just my two pence.

The amount of shit in this topic is hilarious.

"What about the chemicals they stick in to make the flavors" - What due think they put in Ice pops and the likes?

I work with Consultants in Respiratory Medicine on a daily basis for work, when switching to one of these things, I asked a few of them to read all the contents on the bottle and to see what they thought. They all said they can't see any harmful chemicals and I'm on the 18mg strength stuff.

For the misinformed and confirmed by doctors at work, nicotine is NOT a harmful drug, yes you can overdose on it which can cause you to feel sick, but it is not harmful to the body.

Even if there are a few chemicals in there, there are over 2500 per cigarette, i'll take my chances on the ECIG

As for people who are buying these to stop smoking or to replace smoking, i've noticed alot of you have brought sub-ohm tanks, which are designed for lung hits? I would of imagined you would of wanted the same sensation as smoking which is mouth to lung hits? If your not enjoying the sub tank range, try out the Aspire Nautilus or Aspire Atlantis. Also for e-juice, I've tried ALOT of different companies and Vamp Vape, there flavors are so much stronger than anyone else.

In regards of people buying them who have never smoked and just did it for bants and on 0mg nicotine. Im in agreement with some other people, idiots.

EDIT: Also its not "smoke" its vapor, go blow it at the smoke alarm in your house and see it do nothing.

Im currently using Eleaf 50w aspire Atlantis tank, 1.9 resistance coil, 18mg juice, currently have blueberry and raspberry menthol, its awesome!

I didn't realise there was a "scene" with these things, I thought people just used them to try and quit smoking. This whole thread has been an eye opener. I don't get people using them that don't smoke though.

^ Read this v

Is this any different than any other hobby? What if this was a thread for people who actually smoke and talked about different tobacoo they've smoked? Oh wait this is a forum of people who got suckered into bikes with no seats who talk about bikes with no seats. We all must be gay.

And that's pretty much it, at least until I can put marijuana related products in it I'm just gonna keep on practicing blowing smokerings.

actually those cloud chasers dont put any flavourings in their comp liquids and it almost certain 100% vg and probably no nic.

imo cloud chasing does look kind of cool/impressive but i have to agree with it being the senseless part of vaping.

i love to blow bigger clouds than an ego user but i wouldnt compete in blowing them,kind of strange to think bout that

Edited by FamilyBiker

I saw a guy in a car billowing huge clouds of smoke out the window while sat at some lights. What's the point? As an quit smoking device why do they kick out any smoke at all? Haven't most bars banned them now anyway?

"What about the chemicals they stick in to make the flavors" - What due think they put in Ice pops and the likes?

Ever heard of things called 'regulatory bodies'? That's why there are agencies like the FSA here, the FDA in America and so on who's sole job is to work out what's going into food, what levels of that are safe and so on. E-cigarettes/vaping/whatevering doesn't have any kind of regulatory body like that. As a result, you get things like that article I quoted earlier on (which is just one of them - it's not like it's unique...):

The researchers found that some of the flavor chemicals used were benzaldehyde and vanillin, which are known to be respiratory irritants and have exposure limits for the workplace. However, when Pankow and his colleagues estimated consumption rates, they found that an e-cigarette liquid consumption rate of about 5 ml per day puts users at an exposure of twice the recommended occupational limits.

I'd take actual clinical research like that over someone just looking at the ingredients list of a couple of flavours and going "looks OK to me". It's your choice if you want to use them or not, but to imply that there's no risk is untrue. No regulation, no research, no understanding of how the chemicals involved will react when they're utilised in that way - I'm sure there are flavours out there that are going to probably be fine in the long term, but there are clearly those that are going to be more sketchy too, and for the majority of people there's no way of knowing which those are.

It's like asking someone who smokes, why they're smoking because they never have previously.

If I was chatting to someone who'd just started smoking I would ask them why, because I can't really wrap my head around why you would ever start doing that now. Proven to cause massive damage to your health, people who currently smoke saying they want to quit but can't because they're addicted to it, wasting loads of money, etc. - it'd be interesting to find out what their reason was for starting.

And that's pretty much it, at least until I can put marijuana related products in it I'm just gonna keep on practicing blowing smokerings.

http://www.elementeliquids.com/collections/eliquids/products/holy-cannoli-cbd-liquid

Or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00TUK0ZMO/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1437036878&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=snoop+dog+g+pen&dpPl=1&dpID=31e%2BHX-d26L&ref=plSrch

or

http://www.legalhigheliquid.co.uk/

Vaping has seeped into the very fabric of society. Lol

Edited by *gentlydoesit