Vapers Thread

JT!

Mainstream media links can be legit, but when it's research funded by a tobacco company who happen to have brought own their own version of an e-cigarette it starts to look a little questionable. Tobacco companies have been lying, devious f**ks in the past and I'm sure they'll continue to do so long into the future.

I can't 'slate' people for vaping / using e-cigarettes, people can make their own choices, but as Mark has just said, it seems weird there is no regulatory body or long-term research available, yet people are willing to use these things...

The claims cigarette manufacturers used to make are 'impressive'! I wonder if the same thing will happen 20, 30, 40, 50 years down the line?

http://listverse.com/2009/06/27/top-10-unbelievable-vintage-cigarette-posters/

Because it's currently illegal... at least where I live.

Imagine how much better it'll be when you can just sack it all off altogether

I don't know now nicotine use effects how healthy you feel. But vaping its self doesn't cause any harm like smoking does (apart from possible long term effects that may or may not even be a thing).

Just spotted this thread! Read it all. Not impressed, there are clearly a lot of people who have not done their research.

Ecigs are shite and created by the tobacco industry. This is the cause of the problem with legislation, the ignorance between vaping a mechanical mod and a ecig is insane. People just don't think they are different. They use different fluids and work in a different way. This is the shitty eCig i am referring to:

ecig-how-it-works.jpg

and this is what I am currently using (pic from internet, but hand included to show size scale):

4463_1428810358.086eea2628927a3f30447c9e

I have been Vaping for quite some time now. My primary device is the eGrip OLED by Joyetech. Excellent device so far, very small (just larger than a zippo) battery lasts all day, 3.6ml tank, can vary Voltage or Wattage. between 8-30 Watts. The perfect stealth vaporiser, can use it anywhere and rarely get noticed. It has a rebuild-able micro coil with the RBA base (usually go about 1.1 Ohms) and an adapter to STD port battery from an old Mod I used to use. I have a large bore tip, make my own coils, wick and my own eLiquid. I did have the previous generation of the eGrip, but unfortunately that died recently because it would no longer charge (2 bits of solder hold the micro USB port in place, common fault) I just haven't gotten round to disassembling it to reconnect the solder, but once I do it will be solely used for less than legal vaping, once I work out how to make what I need...

If any one needs some advice with making eLiquid I can point you in the right direction for medical grade products online. It is very easy to do, but usually requires steeping for 2 Weeks or more, also some patience and maths is involved. For the people that aren't in the know. PG gives you throat hit and flavour. VG give you vapour. Nicotine is optional, but is typically made up of VG, therefore having mentally high nicotine content will sacrifice flavour, I run between 3-6mg/ml and this works fine for me, cravings satisfied. If you want almost no vapour, 100% PG will be great if you can stomach the punchy throat hit. My regular flavour is (60PG/40VG) strawberry cheesecake, but I also make strawberry, cheesecake, lemon and lime and lemon and lime cheesecake. I have also been sampling a mate flavour he calls "your mum" which is one of the best tasting vape juices going IMO, uses a blend of about 15 flavourings.

I also agree that vaping if you aren't a previous smoker is weird, but each to their own. Cloud chasing is also a pretty bizarre activity, but whatever floats your boat.

Cheers, Ash

EDIT: Also, they can f**k off if they think they are taxing me, the materials I buy, some of them can be purchased at boots as beauty products... proper vaporisers are safe to use, the only real point of concern is put an object in an out of your mouth continuously, make sure your tip is cleaned regularly! Just ban the shitty eCigs and be done with it. It also massively irritates me when people do have ago at me vaping inside. f**k OFF yeah? Although I did hear a story of an inconsiderate vaper who was destroying a film in the cinema for the audience by creating dense cloud of vapour near the front. Less of that needs to happen...

This link could be helpful to some... Link

Edited by Ash-Kennard

Delta 2 coil is about to burn out with no spares and my mvp3 has started spiking ohms between 0.6-2 randomly and it changes ohms as I'm using it, gotta run it in voltage mode because selecting 30w when the ohms spike to 1.6 for example it over volts like a b*****d and sounds like it's going to explode, turns out it's a common problem

memes-graciosos-de-jackie-chan-8.jpg

Don't knock it till you try it! Tastes and smells great. Can make you a little hungry though haha

Ash, you're a smoker. You're addicted to smoking, and now you're addicted to 'not' smoking. Loving your fancy kit, I'm sure it's great.

No, I was a smoker. Now i will occasionally have one in an emergency situation and dislike it. I wouldn't say I am addicted to not smoking either, I have made a switch in habits to a superior habit. If I am not going to make the most of that then that would be a waste. Especially since the eGrip all in costs about 70 quid and the fluid costs about £30 to make litres of fluid. serious money saver over smoking. Also means I still get breaks at work without having to smoke...

Delta 2 coil is about to burn out with no spares and my mvp3 has started spiking ohms between 0.6-2 randomly and it changes ohms as I'm using it, gotta run it in voltage mode because selecting 30w when the ohms spike to 1.6 for example it over volts like a b*****d and sounds like it's going to explode, turns out it's a common problem

Be cautious with it. Replace the coil, might be an idea to change the battery as well. If it does go it will be a big bang in something that will act essentially like a grenade. Take no chances.

Pre built coils in the mvp?

Be cautious with it. Replace the coil, might be an idea to change the battery as well. If it does go it will be a big bang in something that will act essentially like a grenade. Take no chances.

Thought MVP had icr li-ion? Shouldn't explode.. though full runaway won't be pretty either :/

Thought MVP had icr li-ion? Shouldn't explode.. though full runaway won't be pretty either :/

I'm just massively over cautious with the batteries. I know it is likely to be just hearing about shit ones.

Could always try cleaning the coil? Remove wick, load it up until it is glowing white and then hold it under flowing water from a tap (coil only) watch the shit fly off. Will drop the resistance and might keep you going until you can get another.

i cant overrecommend the veritas rda,that thing is just a masterpiece.

built a nice coil with .4mm kanthal on it @.8ohm,went mech because my kick died,but .8 with vtc5 is ok anyways.

nice flavour from dark burner "der grüne mann" (the green man)

lovin it

Edited by FamilyBiker

It's a non-rebuildable coil, I think you can get an adaptor to build your own so removing the wick will f**k the coil, I might take a trip down to Berkshire vapers for a coil today.

This is the documented issue, might have to go back to my 1.8ohm kanger mega that cant handle more than 15w on my f**ked vision spinner (spinner spins but doesnt adjust anything) whilst waiting for it to be sent off and replaced :( I don't think my spinner can handle a 0.6ohm tank because I tried it on a friends and the battery coincidentally leaked next time he charged it

http://www.reddit.com/r/Innokin/comments/35ru9j/itaste_mvp_30_shortingresistance_issues/