trials with a bmx bike?

jeremiahp15

I wanted to know if its possible to start trials with a bmx bike, i know i can get secondhand trial bikes but i just want to know all my options. I'm planning on learning bmx as well but since i can find new bmx bikes for less than $800 im asking to so i can get a bmx now to learn trials with until i have enough money for a trials bike

lol what I should have said is what kinda BMXing is the OP talking about? throwing it over a few dirt jumps or down the park throwing whips, 5's, pipe? if you want to bmx get a bmx if you want to trial get a trials bike. I bmx and trial. And I have a BMx and a trials bike. I gess if you really dont know get a inspired or a 24incher :dance::dance:

Off topic but I'd be interested to see more streety mods, for example if Inspired made a 20" bike (for adults) as in therory I don't see why a streety bike needs the larger wheels of a 24". I ride an Inspired Console that I love atm but also have a short (& low bb) mod but that feels way more trialsy than the Console.

If you're considering investing in a BMX, or a jump bike, or a mountain bike etc... Why not just buy a trials bike?

A jump bike would be trials-friendly to a certain extent, but you'd be 1000x better off buying a cheap second hand trials bike to see if you get on with it.

It's always a mistake to start on something not designed for what you want to do. I rose my mtb for trials a lot before getting a trials bike and was just feeling really crappy about how little I was progressing. When I brought a trials bike though it felt like I was immediately at a Damon Watson level :P

Who's going to call it out?