New Rider

Wheels

Hi all,

I am new to trials riding. Never ridden a trials bicycle until recently, I wanted to get into motorcycle trials but went with the cheaper option.

Bought a bike from TB. I went with the Onza Rip as a starter bike. Struggling to do the basics but think its down to me not actually knowing if I am doing them right as I don't ride with anyone.

Does anyone know of some quiet spots up Bury way where I could practice, or close by to this location? Preferably somewhere that I won't be bothered by people. What's the general publics feeling towards trial riders?

Do people complain?

I bought the trials riding book but to be honest its all on Trash Zen and I find myself reading and watching that because its more informative. I have been emailing TB quite a bit for advice and they have been great to be fair but I thought I would come on here to give them a break :-)

I am not a fan of forums really because a lot of people just sit behind a computer spouting off but don't actually ride or do the actual thing your asking about which is useless and can be misleading.

Anyway thanks for reading, hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice.

Ta

Generally the public is fine with trials as long as you respect people and ride safely. Move on if asked and you won't get many problems. Never had any problems with police but occasionally the odd random person will harass you. If you can film yourself it helps compare your technique to people more experienced.

Same as others have said. People are usually pretty interested in trials as its nto seen that often by alot of people so its new and interesting to them. I've never had any trouble. Also get a trials motorbiek as well! I picked up my sherco 290 pretty cheap if you look hard enough there are some bargins espesh this time of year.