Rugby World Cup 2015

JD™

Like it or loathe it.

Patriotic or not so much.

England or any other nation.

Either way, thoughts on the Rugby World Cup starting tonight and lasting until the final at Twickenham in here.

Personally, I'm wearing my shirt and looking forward to this first - tough - game. I think winning this game gives us a great chance for the rest of the tournament.

Are we buddies on Facebook Rowan? The wife is just about to stick up a sneaky photo she took of me during that...

:)

Not sure - I think maybe, but I just say yes to anyone so most stuff gets lost in the waves of 'viral' bs that populates my feed. I guess that half the people I'm friends with on Facebook don't even speak the same language as me.

I am going to check for the picture. I am hoping for beer in one hand, the other on rose, tears in eyes.

Edit: lol

• Like 1

On a side note I'm going to be helping out with the Lichfield under7s in Sunday mornings, Reuben just started and I thought I'd get stuck in and help out than be cold on the sideline.

Got me some boots, not held a rugby ball in anger in over 22 years! Unfortunately I don't have enough time to dedicate to start playing :(

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

I've never played, apart from secondary school which doesn't really count (although it was Warlingham for people who want to make this shitty connection) and have always wanted to. As always, running gets in the way. As the years go on, I notice how little I actually achieved in running.

Go Reuben. As a side note, that's the name I've got earmarked for our son whenever he happens. Good choice.

Likewise I only played in secondary school, year 8 was great, I was small but fast as f**k (known to dodge between peoples legs) but come year 9 everyone grew over the summer apart from me and tackling for me was like running face first into concrete walls :(

By all accounts Lichfield has a very strong youth team so Reuben starting at 5 should put him in good stead. I hate the attitude of football so very pleased he will (hopefully) learn the respect and teamwork of rugby.

I'm afraid his naming was nothing to do with me (being my stepson and all) so I'll pass the credit onto Charlotte :)

Just don't call your daughter Persephone otherwise I'll have to poo through your letterbox! :D

Likewise I only played in secondary school, year 8 was great, I was small but fast as f**k (known to dodge between peoples legs) but come year 9 everyone grew over the summer apart from me and tackling for me was like running face first into concrete walls :(

By all accounts Lichfield has a very strong youth team so Reuben starting at 5 should put him in good stead. I hate the attitude of football so very pleased he will (hopefully) learn the respect and teamwork of rugby.

I'm afraid his naming was nothing to do with me (being my stepson and all) so I'll pass the credit onto Charlotte :)

Just don't call your daughter Persephone otherwise I'll have to poo through your letterbox! :D

You're safe on Persephone, as lovely as that is :)
  • Like 1

On a side note I'm going to be helping out with the Lichfield under7s in Sunday mornings, Reuben just started and I thought I'd get stuck in and help out than be cold on the sideline.

Got me some boots, not held a rugby ball in anger in over 22 years! Unfortunately I don't have enough time to dedicate to start playing :(

I teach under 7/8's on a Sunday morning and co-manage the 2nd XV on a Saturday at our local club. I may be making an appearance for the 2nds later on in the season. Had a big get together last night for the first game down in the clubhouse, I'll be there next Saturday after I get back from watching Italy vs Canada at elland road

• Like 1