New Hashtagg

ooo

It is the Open Space, yeah.  According to Vincent:

"A beautiful evolution of Raijin! This is not a Raijin 2, but an Open Space ... A completely different bike, which completely breaks free of this bike and Sky!

To design this bike, we tried to leave our usual philosophy: a clean bike, simple and guided by the search for technically efficient solutions. In addition, we sought to have a small footprint, mobility rider is maximized and that the framework is not an obstacle to the crossing by her shapely. Hence the name "Open space". Broadly, the framework therefore aims to be ultra-efficient, while making mention during the ride up. From here, almost everything is new compared to its predecessor!"

Interesting top tube profile - be cool to see one close up and work out what the deal is with it, haven't really seen that many photos that show what it's like.

Edited by Mark W

Tube profile all round is good, using the same stiffened rear triangle from the Raijin. Top and down tubes  looks cool and have had thought put into them.

Here we go again with ANOTHER flaming from the English speaking countries about the name, just like Inpulse and the new Crewkerz Jealousy. The French must just throw their hands in the air and say F**k it , it  doesn't matter what we call it they wont like it. I kind of like the name.

Looks like they've stepped up the standard of their graphics over the HashTagg decals painted on the Raijin, which are horrible.

I like it and I'd buy it.

• Like 1

Interesting top tube profile - be cool to see one close up and work out what the deal is with it, haven't really seen that many photos that show what it's like.

Yeah i think that adding any sort of innovation helps to justify the pricetag. I thought the raijin looked a bit plain, but i guess it was good.

Got these in today, they do look pretty cool in the flesh (well, metal).

large_hashtaggos262.jpg

Rear end is pretty much the same as the Raijin:

large_hashtaggos264.jpg

BB yoke is pretty heavily machined underneath and at the rear, plus the breathe hole into the downtube is massive too:

large_hashtaggos266.jpg

The down tube has two parallel ripples to improve dent resistance too (which is a cool idea):

large_hashtaggos267.jpg

Can kind of make out the top tube crease for the cable to run in in this photo, plus the BB machining again:

large_hashtaggos268.jpg

Better view of the crease, plus the new side plates:

large_hashtaggos269.jpg

Hefty head tube cut outs, as well as again having some large holes into the top/down tubes:

large_hashtaggos2612.jpg

1.556kg, same geo as before...

Edited by Mark W

But since you mentioned anyway...

image.jpg

Since you mentioned (the ones that, as Karl said, got replaced straight away), here's a photo of James' Marino forks that he bent in a couple of rides:

final13.jpg

I didn't manage to get a photo of all the other riders who got colour-matching frames and forks that mysteriously ended up having odd frame and fork colours after a few rides too.

If we're talking fruity welds, those TMS Evo Combo V∞ frames are a treat too.  The welding around the seat clamp on Luke's frame was particularly 'nice'.  Kind of detracts from the non-functioning chain tensioners that also appear to take up half the chainstay length I guess.

• Like 1