Andi Schuster's black console

andi87

Hi Ross!

I was surprised how well it holds up without tugs. It never slipped except after one bigger crash. I also get i nice, tight chain setup pretty easily and fast. However you have to tighten the fun bolts pretty strong (with the hope hub it slipped a few times, as you can't tighten the bolts as strong as the fun bolts). All in all very happy, never missed the tugs!

Edited by andi87

• 5 months later...

Watch the lever pivot bolts for coming loose, mine do frequently, i also have a clicking from one lever i assume thats to do with the carbon lever as i havent had this problem with the old rsc levers. Do the new calipers feel less powerful than the old caliper to you? Mine do. @andi87

15 hours ago, Dman said:

Watch the lever pivot bolts for coming loose, mine do frequently, i also have a clicking from one lever i assume thats to do with the carbon lever as i havent had this problem with the old rsc levers. Do the new calipers feel less powerful than the old caliper to you? Mine do. @andi87

I've had the problem with the pivot bolt only once, using a soft loctite helps. Didn't recognize the clicking you mentioned so far, should be pretty much the same lever except the material? However I haven't really been riding this bike so far so I can't tell about the power. But found the RSC absolutely powerful enough. Maybe you can try some different pads (I'm trying sintered on the ultimate now)? Did you have problems with leaking with the ultimate so far? I've read you have with the RSC. :rolleyes: Cheers.

Edited by andi87

No leaking on ultimate, but my rear caliper piston leaked on the rsc. I found my rsc to perform better, more than enough power, and lovely modulation, levers my favourite, with the bearings its super smooth, im back on zee's and levers feel really slow in comparison. maybe theres a problem with my ultimates, they are going back under warranty. I had sintered pads and the goldren sw33 carbon ceramic same or similar to trialtech pads, but its just not right.

On 10. April 2016 at 5:14 PM, Dman said:

No leaking on ultimate, but my rear caliper piston leaked on the rsc. I found my rsc to perform better, more than enough power, and lovely modulation, levers my favourite, with the bearings its super smooth, im back on zee's and levers feel really slow in comparison. maybe theres a problem with my ultimates, they are going back under warranty. I had sintered pads and the goldren sw33 carbon ceramic same or similar to trialtech pads, but its just not right.

Yeah, I love the lever feeling too, much preferred over competition. I'm probably going to experiment with sintered and organic pads a little. However its strange that you seem to have less power, most tests said it should be even stronger than the RSC... Give it another try when you get your set back. BTW, you could use the RSC levers with the ultimate if you preferred them?