Foot position, shoes?

Ozonys V6 Curve

Hi I've just bought an Ozonys Curve V6 and I'm new to trials although I did have ago about 10 years past. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on foot position, and descent shoe. Would I be better getting a trial shoe. Would it help me get my trailing foot in position esialiy as I'm finding that difficult and just not comfortable therfore not helping with balance etc.

five tens or adidas tevas seem to be the weapons of choice for gripy footwear. i've stuck with 5 10s and i can't make my mind up on the freeriders and the danny mac  versions; the macs have an insole and the standard ones don't; reduces feel but increases comfort, you want the part of your foot labeled as the 'parathyroid gland' in the insane image below to go across the axle of the pedal.

2009190153546786.jpg

this image is mental:o.

• Like 1

foot position does feel weird and inconsistent at first but it does get better over time, its just something u learn like everything else. As for shoes, people ride in all sort, ogre said the main popular ones. But really it doesn't make that much difference unless you have a specific needs:

510s and skate shoes are good for protecting the foot from knocks,

crosstraining  shoes like the adidas terrex are popular because of the grip they provide in natural / competiton stuff and cushioning is useful is you have to bail from high stuff.

A few people use lightweight trainers like for running and free running they are super comfortable and well cushioned but not very grippy.

Also pedals make a difference, cages or platforms. If you find you have problems with one try the other.

Edited by ooo

five tens or adidas tevas seem to be the weapons of choice for gripy footwear. i've stuck with 5 10s and i can't make my mind up on the freeriders and the danny mac  versions; the macs have an insole and the standard ones don't; reduces feel but increases comfort, you want the part of your foot labeled as the 'parathyroid gland' in the insane image below to go across the axle of the pedal.

2009190153546786.jpg

this image is mental:o.

Thanks that's about the point I am comfortable with just now, I think I just need to get my trailing foot more relaxed. Will have a good think about shoes.

foot position does feel weird and inconsistent at first but it does get better over time, its just something u learn like everything else. As for shoes, people ride in all sort, ogre said the main popular ones. But really it doesn't make that much difference unless you have a specific needs:

510s and skate shoes are good for protecting the foot from knocks,

crosstraining  shoes like the adidas terrex are popular because of the grip they provide in natural / competiton stuff and cushioning is useful is you have to bail from high stuff.

A few people use lightweight trainers like for running and free running they are super comfortable and well cushioned but not very grippy.

Also pedals make a difference, cages or platforms. If you find you have problems with one try the other.

Thanks for the help I'm going give it a bit of time and see how I get on then take things from there.