my Inspired Arcade

Ali C

Mark saw I was struggling taking a good picture of my bike so came along and schooled me by taking this one.

30mmgrd.jpg

Spec is:
Inspired Arcade frame-forks-Bars

Hope Pro 2 hubs on Spank Subrosa rims (with alloy nipples).

Continental tyres with standard tubes run at 45psi

Shimano SLX 170mm cranks with tabs removed running on a Hope bb

DMR V12 pedals

Magura MT7 rear brake 200mm and Magura MT6 front brake 200mm

"Extreme" branded 80x40 stem

Hope Headset

Inspired seat

ODI live strong grips

Ti bolts throughout, roughly 10.5KG

• Like 6

Wow it looks beautiful! Love those rims so much! Thank you to share your specs with us, I try so hard to recognize your pedals few days ago, thought that was dmr v6 :) I know how to make my arcade lighter now! Nice photo!

How is stem feeling? Better than a standard 70x35?

Edited by Shub_Step
Miss a question
  • Like 1

I did have some V6 pdals on, I wore down the pins (which I expected), I plan on drilling and screwing in some metal pins but I'll save that for a dark rainy day 

The stem is very similar, I just like how I can use fewer spacers with it.

• Like 1

That rotor is still going strong, Magura sent us some of these new ones so I thought I'd try them out. I can't feel any flex personally.

The putty is going strong :)

I had alloy chainring bolts but I snapped two and totalled my chainring, so they're steel now......could be tempted by Ti though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Longer cranks = more leverage, shorter cranks = less leverage. This means shorter cranks require more "grunt" as Ali says. This slightly cancels with the light gear ratio and makes it a little nicer overall for Ali.

That's how I understand it at least...

*Queue crank length debate* :P 

41 minutes ago, AndyT said:

22-16 (1.375) sounds like a "hard" gear for my slow style..you go really really fast.

Different wheel size makes it feel completely different though, in the same way on a mod 18:12 feels pretty light yet is technically a harder gear ratio than the usual 18:15 on a stock.

The above post is pretty accurate though.  Shorter cranks make gear ratios feel a little harder, so if you feel your gear ratio is a little in-betweeny, you can try a different crank length to balance it out.  If I could run a 15.5t sprocket on the rear I definitely would :p

• Like 1

Ah understood... To me "more grunt" means more power, which a 175 has with the extra leverage. Did not take it to mean more grunt = feels harder. 

Makes sense. 22-18 w 175 this week on 26" wheels... Looking forward to going back to real cranks and off this ffw bullsh...

On 06/12/2015, 17:45:46, Ali C said:

22-16 is a little light so shorter cranks makes it have a bit more grunt plus there's the bonus of them being lighter and stronger.

literally THE reasons I'm running the same thing.

Edited by JJ Leigh