Beginner wheel size?

Wavell

This video should help.

I have tried both. I started off on a crap onza t-pro 20", then got curious about 26" as i do MTB. 26" definately felt more normal and it was great on two wheels rolling up and down obstacles. 20" is what i currently use and because i am about 5' 6 i find it much easier to control on the back wheel. The length on the 26" made it harder for me to throw my weight around. I later got a better 20" and it does feel more twichy than the 26" and not as nice on two wheels but i think i am progressing faster on the 20".

If you are tall (or maybe i should say not short) i would go for 26.

Edited by peter_t

Generally if people come from BMXing they go with a 20", and people who've been DHing, MTBing or dirt jumping go with 26". I feel it's generally easier to learn the maneuverability side of trials on a 20", which is the first thing you learn, but as you progress bigger wheels really start to shine.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda stuck again guys . Im selling that blade kinda needs more money spending on it than it's worth. Thinking ill spend a bit more and get something more decent been looking at a crewkerz freed second hand for about 400 is this a good buy? Or should i get a new mod for about that price?  Pretty bad at hops see can hop my dh bike about as high that blade so unsure about 20" wheels? Use to being able to compress the bike . Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2015, 20:54:45, Wavell said:

Ha know what you mean can feel a bit of dummy asking loads of basic stuff especially when you've been doing other kinds of biking for years :D

That what is forum for :) To have this comfort feel like a dummy child and ask literally everything :)

On 12 December 2015 at 19:13:32, isitafox said:

A Freed for £400 sounds a good price, definitely worth a punt!

Yeah was on ebay seemed a good buy. Just bought a new old stock onza blade the white/gold one off rock n roll bikes got some good deals on  at the mo ended up getting it for £300 :)