Danny MacAskill - This is Drop and Roll

bikeperson45

52 minutes ago, Pete.M said:

I can imagine Danny has been wanting to do this for many many years. Epic.

When I was up at the Drop & Roll flat filming Ali for the Ride Inspired video last year, I rode past that venue with Danny and he mentioned how he'd had an idea for a video, and have it start looking at the front of it with that "DROP & ROLL" thing on the feature board out front.  He had a bunch of ideas for it back then so had clearly been thinking about it for a while. 

That's what seems to set Danny apart from pretty much everyone else who's trying to make a living out of riding - he (with the help of the team around him) is able to follow these ideas he has to completion and does a super good job of them.  Way Back Home was pretty dialled, Imaginate stepped it up a bit (to a point I didn't really think they could top it), but then this adds more layers to that too.  The attention to detail and that kind of thing is all top notch, and then the actual way the "story" goes through the video works well too.  The riding was nuts as well though which ties it all together.

They nailed that video...

The video seems to have done it's job well...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335212/Four-stunt-riders-transform-1970s-rockers-showcase-extreme-cycling-skills-epic-music-video.html

Top notch video. The quartet are like a fine pasta dish and this video was definitely the cheese on top ;) 

Edited by onzatpro09
  • Like 2

Because the 'general public' have no idea about trials they don't see it as real cycling but as some sort of 'stunt' or 'circus' like which is also why cirque du soleil have a trials rider in there show in Florida. It doesn't help that they also have some over the top MC who commentates poorly (this isn't a trials related but in general think x games, gravity games also).

I can see where you are coming from but unfortunately there's very few ways to earn a living from trials. Demos can be great for riders, you get to travel and ride bikes (I just went to South Africa purely because of shows) and get paid for it. from riding with Danny, the shows aren't a million miles off what he'd be doing in his normal street rides so I think they are a good representative of trials. Sure it's not comp trials but most of the public find that hard to understand with the bikes not having seats and making horrible noises all the time. From speaking to fans and people at shows I know of quite a few riders who have started riding just from seeing a show.....I think that can only be a good thing. 

• Like 6