Archive XL - Tapered frame and Fork

Ross McArthur

So for 2016 I'll be rolling on an updated Archive. It's a touch longer, and has a tapered 150mm head tube which takes a integrated 45x45 headset. Hopefully with the longer head tube I'll not have to run as many spacers.

Another difference we've encorporated in this build is the oh so slightly shorter dropouts and bigger tyre clearances.

The eagle eyed forum members will spot the Marino branded headset. The forks are threaded too so they'll come with a lazer etched Marino branded top tensioner cap.

Going for some classy gloss stickers to compliment the matte frame. Very subtle.

Still to decide on which dropouts on the forks to run, so I'll be giving both a wee go.

Your questions and thoughts are welcome.

Cheers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Won't happen, I wanted mine left raw but was told it wasn't possible whatsoever so I took it to be powdercoated chrome but after 5 attempts and the paint not taking to the frame the guy gave up (said it was the first thing he's ever had that wouldn't take the paint?!).

7 hours ago, Dman said:

bsdproductframesthepassenger010jpgpagespBSD passenger as an example.

26 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

They're heat treated because of the thinner tubing or they would be pretty heavy.

That thing looks as if its going to be damn heavy anyway because it looks as though its stainless steel.

Also, whats the need for the tapered headtube?

Edited by Kenny--Trials

• 3 weeks later...