Jack Carthy, Still I Rise.

Dman

Looking forward to it, not sure why there is a teaser but perhaps that's where the mastermindz at PRO PRODUCTIONZZ came in.

would enjoy just watching cell phone footage of carthy.. Also do wish to see his training regiment, those squats look like 1/4 ROM

• Like 1

Wow I think that SICK PRODUCTIONZZ should win an award for this video!

An award for the first filmer to make that natural place that my Americanness has aways been drooling over look completely boring.  Worst filming of any biketrials footage I've ever seen. 

Really impressed he can do all that on just one slice of toast.

If Jack left his phone on a rock filming himself for 5 minutes it would have been more appreciated. Did they speed up the part where he goes into a hook? Looks like he gets super speed from no pedaling, but I'm not going to watch it again to check.

• Like 1

Wow you people are so negative! I remember before the times of dial up where you couldn't watch the best riders in the world, you had to settle for 3 pics in MBUK every month, yea it was filmed really shit etc etc... But you should be thankful for what you got at all. 

Maybe be if people were more constructive it might help for the future and these guys could improve, I'm in no way connected to this video, I train with jack pretty often but it's still nice to watch some good riding in a nice video, maybe next time.

Shame about the filming, I was saying to Danny the other day that Jack could do with a really good video as his riding is next level stuff but sadly despite this being fairly decent quality it seems the filmer has never filmed bikes before and was just too close for just about every shot. If he'd got more in frame it would have been awesome.

I've got to also mention Jack should get some pointers on decent form for his workouts, he's doing himself an injustice doing them like that. 

• Like 2

Got so much love for Jack's riding. One of only a very few people that actually looks like he suits that type of bike, rather than taking the benefits of front wheel moves and having to wrestle with it for everything else! 

Edited by aener
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dave33 said:

Wow you people are so negative! I remember before the times of dial up where you couldn't watch the best riders in the world, you had to settle for 3 pics in MBUK every month, yea it was filmed really shit etc etc... But you should be thankful for what you got at all. 

Maybe be if people were more constructive it might help for the future and these guys could improve, I'm in no way connected to this video, I train with jack pretty often but it's still nice to watch some good riding in a nice video, maybe next time.

For me, part of it is he's a pro world championship level rider using what looks like someone who's never filmed bikes. He's one of the best in the world, how hard is it to find a good cameraman?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dave33 said:

My post was very short but I was disappointed at the filming, the riding on the other hand was so great. I kind of feel that for riders who know those spots such as yourself, Sam and me who have posted we know just how decent the clips are. For riders who haven't been to those spots they can't judge any of those moves at the glen with the filming. That's as constructive as I can be as the only thing wrong was the filming. Something that's been the case before on videos of Jacks and mentioned on this forum. 

He he could gain more sponsors and so on if he teamed up with someone who was good at filming trials. I was expecting something from Mark (Cleanzine) at some point. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dave33 said:

constructive  criticism-

Watch any other trials videos. People like to see what is going on, not how the riders shoes look or how the tire is folding. Step back 3 yards on each shot, or use a wider angle lens. Encompass not only the entire riders body, but the rocks he is gapping to and from, or going up. A whole picture would be nice.

jack is an amazing rider, pioneered the terrible bars and rides that bike like it should be ridden. Can't say I know any other pro that rides a pogo stick that is actually interesting to watch... Major style points 

• Like 1

I watched this a few minutes after it was released yesterday, I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that felt the filming was lacking. Jack's riding is on another planet and should be filmed to show that off.

Half the time most of the move/rider/take off/landing was completely out of shot; you just lost all scale and complexity of any of the riding. I don't know if Jack or any other people familiar with riding reviewed the footage at any point and gave the cameraman some pointers?

Shame as Jack doesn't release videos too often (even more of a shame as his riding is incredible), opportunity missed.

• Like 1

Mr Alex Richardson's (Trial and Error) video release around two years ago was absolutely belting, and Jacks only got better. I'd love to see another culmination of each others efforts. 

As Luke said, the riding level in this is ridiculous but the filming doesn't portray it as it deserves. It's not being unappreciative, any footage of the man is gold but an all round well put together edit is unbeatable. 

Edited by SamKidney