New Bike!!!

LEON

Got it at Tarty Days but I waited until I had the right chainstay protector before I built it up. It's very light, much higher bb than 'd usually go for but somehow it all works with the super short back end and short ish top tube.

TMS Combo Leo v3.

tf.jpg

tf2.jpg

tf3.jpg

tf4.jpg

tf5.jpg

tf6.jpg

• Like 7

Yeah most people prefer the bmx type proportions on a 24" but I think a Console just looks really big, plus this is a higher bb than anything else out there at the mo so if it had a good size seat tube it'd just look a bit tall. I was always a fan of the Orange Zero style frames, straight down top tube and seat stays.

It's definitely all nice and tucked out the way.

To an extent perhaps, but it seems the BB is an 20mm or so higher yet the seat tube a good few inches. Strange that you've gone for such a different geo setup to normal - I seem to remember you being pretty stubborn with your setups before. Any reason for the fairly drastic change this time around?

Cheers!

Well I stopped going so much on the numbers and just go on how it feels, I rode Leo's bike at Tarty days and was surprised how much I liked it, it's just really light and the mega short back end feels better too, you just can't really go quite that short with steel frames. And I've never really been that bothered what a frame is made of. The last frame I  broke was a well used Pace rc250T in 2008. 

• Like 2

Yeah it could probably do with being a little bit bigger, closer to a Zebdi than a Zero, but if the seat can't reach my anus then I'm happy. Geo is 995, +35, 73.5 and 347mm. It feels great, I forgot how light Alu is. Also I just fancied a change, all I've ridden since 2009 is steel Marinos. 6 years solid on steel!

On my first ride at Radical bikes I bunny hopped to manual something that I could just bunnyhop to back wheel on my old bike, I thought this was probably a good thing.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason I looked at your for sale thread and this thread one after the other. For me, the Marino looks exponentially better than this, but none of that matters as long as you get a video out pronto. Not too pronto though, you've got to join Instagram and get on the hype train first.

They did look great, but that Archive was too short for me, I love my blue one though, still got that. The TMS feels good so far so that's what counts. I was really skeptical of the high bb but it somehow works with the super short rear and the average reach, but bb height - wise I definitely wouldn't go any higher.

I will definitely start filming before August this year, just as soon as I've updated Myspace and started a twitter and Instagram account. My selfie stick is in the post and I'll be taking lots of pictures with a retro filter, mainly of my dinner and boxes of bike parts as they turn up in the post.

#yolo

Edited by LEON
  • Like 2