Pimp Inspired Element custom build

Mark W

A customer got in touch with us recently to build them up a new Inspired custom build, and having chosen the Element framekit and their main preferences for parts we completed the spec and got it built up.  Red Hope anodised parts and Stan Ti rainbow bolts in pretty much all the places we could get them mean it's pretty unique!

104319.thumb.JPG.f488fe550753c49f1b84830

104326.thumb.JPG.fb682c129f3a44401b4b032

For those interested, it weighs 10.8kg.

104320.thumb.JPG.c9de6979a2c244d5ccbd300

104321.thumb.JPG.ebbd2316bf5e8cc9f45cb8a

Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs front and rear laced to Spank Subrosa Evo rims, Hope 175mm Crankset, red Hope BB, Inspired Integrated Bash and Hope F20 pedals.  Baller...

104327.thumb.JPG.620eb77598f1ef1f4bb3ba3

Stan Ti caliper/adaptor bolts and M10 axle bolts...

104322.thumb.JPG.2d7d07aafb0f92507ea6ff2

104325.thumb.JPG.b1c0c28370a7d3c9e49a13d

Stan Ti stem bolts...

104324.thumb.JPG.7db0f44fa0219a7e9686251

Stan Ti Magura bar clamp bolts and M9 shrouds.

104323.thumb.JPG.90c340414d5a3f273430f11

Red headset, front hub, QR skewer and Saw rotor.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, ooo said:

My theory is they had an old fourplay and just wanted the same but new and good.

Nope, first trials bike for him! 

He initially wanted the Element because it's a solid frame/fork to start off on, then added a few bits and pieces to customise it.  One thing led to another, and he ended up with the bike above.  As Karl mentioned, he could have had a Skye Team for the money but was happy with the Element framekit and the bits on it, and as someone who makes custom things for other people for a living he was more interested in having a totally unique bike.

15 minutes ago, uk24 said:

Karl??  fair enough his money, must make custom sunseeker yachts to spend that much on his first trials bike  

He's live in Dubai, and does indeed sell custom boats.

We got an awesome deal from Inspired for the bits that would have been on the Element, which included the Holy Rollers.  Switching to Contis would have had a disproportionate effect on the price, and the Holy Rollers should be more than up to the job anyway.

Dman = Karl, by the way.

4 hours ago, uk24 said:

seems strange they have bought one of the cheaper inspired bikes then went crazy with the spec. surely they could of bought a skye complete for the cost of all the upgrades

If anything buying the Element (being the previous foreplay renamed) he got more for his money in the long run. I'd rather ride a grey bike over a red one.  Continental need to make their tyre's stealthy soon I'm glad this bike doesn't have any orange on it.

I would be interested in a rough idea of how much over the price of the basic Element build he went. 

1 hour ago, Paperclip said:

If anything buying the Element (being the previous foreplay renamed) he got more for his money in the long run. I'd rather ride a grey bike over a red one.  Continental need to make their tyre's stealthy soon I'm glad this bike doesn't have any orange on it.

I would be interested in a rough idea of how much over the price of the basic Element build he went. 

Including shipping it was about £2.3k, so on the bike itself it was approx. £2.1k not including VAT.

18 hours ago, Ross McArthur said:

Did he specify, chain - tight as f**k?

Nope, he just gave us free reign to build the bike as we would do it ourselves. Personally wouldn't add an extra link into my chain for no reason, so I did it like that to get the tensioner out of the way and make it look pro as f**k m8888.

• Like 4

Haha, yep. It does look cool. (Y) ...and I was only joking. :P

I prefer a slightly slacker set up, one reason being its a bit easier to get the wheel in and out and you don't get that, f**k, my chains about to snap feeling, as you turn the cranks to get the chain back over the chain ring/cog.

Good thing about those tensioners is that you can set the tension on the spring by setting what angle the arms sit at before tightening the allen bolt. :)