Tech Help - Landline to Sim adapter?

Tom Booth

Fellow 6 users of trials forum, I need assistance. 

I'm fitting an alarm at my business unit that has the capability to call a few numbers of the alarm goes off. My unit doesn't have a landline and I'm not interested in having one as it will only be used for the alarm.

I need something to connect via a standard phone cable that will send the signal for me as a landline would. I've found a few options but they're all stateside and I'm not 100% sure that's what I'll need. If anyone can give me some guidance on this it would be much appreciated.

Question.... If I bought a standard household phone that accepts a SIM card, then plugged the alarm into that, would that be any different? The alarm is programmed with the number to call so as long as the phone acts as a transmitter it should work?

7 now.

So the alarm unit has a cable with a phone jack on it, and it wants to be plugged into a BT phone socket? But you don't have a phone line so you want a pretend phone socket that actually has a sim card in it? I have never come across one of those...

Does the unit itself not take a sim card? Sounds like it might be easier to return what you have and order one with a built in sim card reader. I have no idea why but I was looking at them on aliexpress the other day.

Least productive morning but somehow satisfying..

http://www.adventcontrols.co.uk/gsm-auto-dialer.html

Advantage is that's even the Yale alarm I'm fitting! I did look at GSM alarms, but for something branded such as Yale it gets pretty pricey. There is other alarms around the £200 that start with a single PIR and door sensor but they're unbranded which puts me off a little.

In reality my unit is 15 minutes from my house, about 2 miles from anything else so the alarm will hardly be a deterrent and the 15 minute drive gives them long enough to grab and get out but every little helps I suppose. Glad I just fitted a metal door and frame though, if it's ever needed that should slow them down quite a lot.