The Inevitable Question... Where is everyone?

dann2707

On 1/23/2016 at 8:27 AM, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

You all suck! Just about to chuck my arcade on the roof of the car and had down to Portland. Don't ride nearly as much as I used to (job, wife and two kids will do that I guys) but still enjoy it when I can.

To be honest I haven't been on a group ride for a long time and was put off a lot of the local ones by some of the people who were attending who I'm embarrassed to be associated with (or have trials associated with) and I do miss having a laugh with the old boys...

Dont be silly dave ive not been down that part of the woods for years and years and years (Y)

but yeah ,massive die off in trials 

Edited by Dave Anscombe

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, anzo said:

What happened to Muel who used to post here a lot? 

I still speak to him often. I genuinely just think everyone's grown up (not a dig at the forum/trials). I looked in the angry thread the other day on page 1 and everyone was chatting away, maybe 10 posts a day. Everyone commenting on everyone's stuff. And if someone was annoying on the forum it would cause a stir. Now there aren't enough posts for it to *be* annoying. We've got a WhatsApp chat for the trials lads that seems to be quite active. I think it's either moved to group chats / WhatsApp and Facebook. Maybe not Facebook for tf but for car forums I use WhatsApp and Facebook way way more. It's just easier. I think that coupled in with everyone having lives now is where it's dying out. I just simply don't have the time to sit on forums, there are things to do. I'm only typing this because I'm waiting for my chicken massala to simmer. 

The sad thing is that new people don't find Whatsapp groups without knowing someone in them, so actually getting started at trials probably is harder too..

I'm simply not here that much because I don't actually know anybody on here. :P
Also haven't been riding half as much as I'd actually want to because riding buddies either stopped or want to keep a low key and not go out on the street anymore..

Edited by Hopping_Topsy

I came here through Google back in 2003/4 ish, registered after lurking lurking for a while, posted a bunch and now I don't have the time to ride the trials bike I lurk again.

I still visit daily to catch up on a great group of people I've had the pleasure to meet on here (and those that I haven't!). As I rapidly near my 40s I have to accept that riding the trials bike is something that I'll never be able to do with the same fervour that I did 10 years ago but to me the community of forum friends is still very much alive, perhaps a little tacit but still there :)