Onza zoot 24"

shansen

it is the Pro, if I remember well it is using a stronger material?

It is one of my dream bikes in a sense that when I wanted to get into 24" I nearly got one. I heard good things about the fact that it is at a healthy half way through trials and street geo, is it right?

I think it was similar to the mk1 Fourplays in having a +25mm BB height (correct me if I'm wrong) but longer chainstays and wheelbase??

I was looking for one last year but couldn't get hold of any other than frames that the stays had cracked/snapped on. @HippYyeah they are the best of both worlds, would happily have another tomorrow even if they do break!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, isitafox said:

Buy it @HippY

At the moment I cannot afford to buy and sell bikes, as I am in middle of setting up a business so every penny needs to go there, and to straight out swap to another bike... I am not sure. I do not ride too often (although the exams session has just ended so I am free again) and my bike is rock solid now

• 3 weeks later...
On 23 January 2016 at 3:39 PM, isitafox said:

I really like Zoots, find they ride very nicely. It's just a shame that at some point the back end will separate itself from the rest of the frame. :(

Mine has done this very thing today, it's wrecked

From memory the same alu and same design was used in both zoots - that was the case when I bought one anyways.

I'd also have another, Mine had identical geo to a mk1 Fourplay & was £450 for a full build bike. They're flawed but I warn people not to dismiss them.

@bing  Mine did this:

56c3a3b599a2f_OnzazootCSsnap(2)-Copy.JPG       Onza_zoot_CS_snap_(1).thumb.JPG.e20dc782

All I heard as I landed from a little bunnyhop was that inimitable sound of metal shearing and looked down to see this on a 6 week old frame

56c3a55f08135_OnzazootCSsnap-Copy.JPG.98

Still rode it home though...

Edited by CC12345678910

Mines doing better than most then by the looks of things,Think ive had mine 5 years now ,No dents or cracks so far,Mind you i weight about as much as a packet of crisps

Echo urban forks have cracked ,bb is eeeerm nackerd viz bars bent wheels are square ,but the frame is still going strong.

I have to say it ,this has been the bike ive had the most fun on ,Cant go as big as what i used to but who cares when your having a laugh right :)

Maybe frames like this should come with a weight restriction of some kind on them

Its a perfect mix of street  and trials all rolled in to one