male opinion!

Kerrie-Anne

Something that you want, but wouldn't buy yourself. Like if you think "oh, that's nice", but think you could spend your money on something else.

For me it was a nice thermal coat that I wanted for when I'm out riding, but I probably wouldn't have ended up buying it myself. My dad bought it as a Christmas present and I love it :)

• Like 2

For me it's the essentials that I just don't want to or can't be bothered to buy for my self. Usually protein powder in my case or any supplements that aren't really expensive but it's still another thing to buy. 

I think practicality is the key.  

Edited by bike_dummie
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MadManMike said:

That's an impossible question to answer.

Not all men are the same, so you've fallen at the first hurdle.

Well obviously all men aren't the same, lol

Women aren't all the same either but seem to get generic chocolates/flowers/Pandora or other jewellery etc.. 

Just wondering what presents are good from a male perspective to see if there are stand outs such as the flowers, chocolates for women.. 

Hence why I worded it; 'what would be a good present for you' ;)just curious as to an all round perspective rather than asking 'what should I get my husband for his birthday!' X

I hate it when people buy me clothes, unless I approve of it first. I can dress myself thanks. Last birthday my sister got me this cardigan, I said thanks but never wore it and eventually donated it to charity ha.

Best thing I'd say is just give them money. Everyone knows how to spend money.

2 hours ago, Kerrie-Anne said:

Well obviously all men aren't the same, lol

Women aren't all the same either but seem to get generic chocolates/flowers/Pandora or other jewellery etc.. 

Just wondering what presents are good from a male perspective to see if there are stand outs such as the flowers, chocolates for women.. 

Hence why I worded it; 'what would be a good present for you' ;)just curious as to an all round perspective rather than asking 'what should I get my husband for his birthday!' X

I don't think there is generic gifts like flowers and chocolates though. Even beer isn't a safe bet, as not everyone drinks. I guess most guys would like a drone, they're great fun - though again, some people think they're stupid...

For me, it would be very, very specific bike or car parts. Very, very specific camera lenses.

In summary, you should know what your husband likes already :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BJ. said:

Maybe a new wallet.

No one ever buy me a new wallet. I'm fine with the one I have thanks. Its the shape of my bum and fits perfectly into all my trouser pockets. Last thing I want to be doing at Christmas/birthday is pulling out all my cards, photos and cash and finding new places for it in a new wallet and for the sharp edges to be poking about places they shouldn't be.

Agree with asking what he wants or a gift card/voucher for somewhere he spends a shitload of money. 

My sister in law got me and the wife both a voucher for a local spa treatment which is a win in my eyes. No man ever complains when there's a rub down and a sauna involved! 

• Like 1

On that note, a man can never have too many socks. Had a conversation with a guy a while ago who ran a subscription service for socks. I think it was called club sock, but I can't be sure. 

Not a client, I'm not just spamming, honest!

Just looked up that Club Sock. It's such a rip off! £3.99 cheapest subscription for 1 pair of socks a month or £7.99 for 1 pair of 'top quality brand' socks are month. £48 or £96 a year for 12 pairs of sock. What the f**k.

The last lot of socks I bought was from Primark for a few quid for a pack of 4 or 6, I can't remember. It must have been at least a year since I bought them.