Can someone make me some parallette bars?

isitafox

On the lookout for a set of parallette bars and there's not many options in the UK that aren't made of PVC waste pipe and wondered if anyone on here could/would be willing to make a set? 

Here's a pic of what I'm after, just depends on if they can be made for cheaper than I can buy them new really! 

IMG_1204.JPG?format=1000w

10 minutes ago, CurtisRider said:

Could you not make some out of wood? I could make them from wood or steel for you but I won't have time until Easter

Haven't got the skill or equipment to make some from wood. My dad is a decent welder and could probably knock some up in his garage but he's not got the right stuff to make sure everything is square and level. 

1 hour ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

How level do they have to be? What's the tubing sizes? How much do they go for usually?

They need to be pretty level, probably within a few mm. The tubing needs to be 1¼-1½" and the sizes about Length: 47cm Height: 30cm Base Width: 30cm. 

The one in the picture is unfinished and up for £50, they go upto £100 for some and above for real top quality sets! 

1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Sorry, I can't get past that woman at 0:45 in the video...

:lol:

Righto I see. Yeah f**k doing that with plastic pipe, looks like a shit idea.

Do you not need to wrap them in foam / a towel or is that just something a pussy like me would say?

I have read of a few people who've wrapped them with bar tape and the like so possibly worth considering though I plan to get them powdercoated first as should cost f**k all to chuck them in with a bigger job!

Also, I called down at my dads before work and it turns out he's got something similar he made for a job to do with a motorbike at some point so he's gonna mod those for me so I'll be able to have a set at home and a set I can abandon in the gym.

Main bit done... just need cleaning and some primer now.

bars1.jpg

Maybe a bit OTT, but if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing properly :P

bars2.jpg

Kinda tempted to make some for myself now - after trying some of the really simple exercises in the video above, it's pretty clear my core strength leaves something to be desired!

• Like 6

+1 on the lack of core strength thing (Adam knocked them up while I inadequately flailed with tools at my car, when he finished them we both had a quick play and very little correct form went down).  Also, +1 on the <3 TF biz too.  This is pretty much the embodiment of why TF is awesome.