BB7 pads

Scott Gibbs

I've run every pad under the sun in my bb7 since getting one over 10 years ago...

the trialtech/jitsie pads are unbeatable for pure trials grabbiness. I run these on my comp bike with a 180 rotor, sd7 and odyssey housing...super solid grabby.

On my "street" bike I run some cheap no name amazon chinese pads, 203 rotor and odyssey housing.  They are amazingly grabby- I am impressed, my only issue with the jitsie pads is at high speeds (15-20 mph hill bombs) they fade quickly and feel shite at high speeds...kind of like running a deep grind , not swell at high speeds but amazing for classic trials. The chinese pads rock at high speeds, and the 203 rotor makes them quite grabby for pure trials.

Only really found that happened to mine when they got mega hot doing a lot of stoppies.  That weird 'sandy' feeling goes away pretty quickly and they come in again nicely though, they don't act like Hopes where once they've glazed it's basically game over.

• Like 1