Strongest pedals?

callum199922

Some of the later Neutrons didn't seem to have the pins locktited in or tightened in as well as others.  Whenever I get a new set of platforms I do tend to check the pins on them just to make sure they're all good.  Plus side I guess is you should be able to just tighten some new pins into those holes as they should theoretically still have the threads reasonably intact?

I like the plastic pedals because of the nut and bolt setup it makes it harder to rip them out of the pedal that's for sure. They really are the nuts (and bolts). A couple came loose but a pretty easy fix. The cages also come loose every few rides which is nothing Danny Macaskill can't sort out for you. 

Just read a review on CRC from some dude who bought those Lacon Vaults to fit to a hybrid, and said that they took him about 5 minutes to fit.  Weird...

I am kind of tempted to go back to V12s again.  Quite liked them when I had them before, and they're ridiculously good value for money too.  I do like the Electrons but there's something about them I'm not 100% sure about.  Sometimes they feel mega grippy, but then on some other moves it feels like your foot can move around a little more than I'd like.

26 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Just read a review on CRC from some dude who bought those Lacon Vaults to fit to a hybrid, and said that they took him about 5 minutes to fit.  Weird...

I am kind of tempted to go back to V12s again.  Quite liked them when I had them before, and they're ridiculously good value for money too.  I do like the Electrons but there's something about them I'm not 100% sure about.  Sometimes they feel mega grippy, but then on some other moves it feels like your foot can move around a little more than I'd like.

Yeah but think about the sweet shin dig clips you'd get while filming for your next video of yourself this summer which I am calling you out for right now. For all 10 members of this forum to see! 

• Like 1

I've got the new V12s too and I do really like them,  I do really like my Neutrons but they just feel too small, even if the studs are so long I can feel them in my feet.

Rusevelt, have you seen the price of bog standard Vaults? There's not exactly much in it, and these have an even bigger platform which is what I need. There's the brendog versions too but who wants to pay £100 for matte black pedals?

8 minutes ago, Paperclip said:

Yeah but think about the sweet shin dig clips you'd get while filming for your next video of yourself this summer which I am calling you out for right now. For all 10 members of this forum to see! 

tumblr_inline_mi575oLrLE1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah they're the standard ones! You can turn them around so you can have the long threaded end or the nut end on the other side, the middle ones that are stubby can't be flipped though as you can't get an allen key in the back. I agree on the 6mm and no spanner fitting though, it's a bit annoying, I don't think I own a 6mm long or strong enough for pedal worthy torque.

Edited by LEON

• 1 year later...

A little bump here. I just bought some DMR Vaults. I have been riding the Nukeproof Electron Evo for quite a while now but they somehow don't feel so nice after all. I mean the grip is pretty damn good but it feels as the cage is too high in the middle where the axle is. I can feel it through my shoes.

Edited by niconj

Ran nukeproof for years- the neutron still lives on my vintage single speed bike.

Last year went to race face Chester- a plastic pedal, lighter than nukeproof, and thinner / wider.. made for Canadian downhillers, this pedal is now on all my bikes- don't know if thy are avail in the U.K. But they are cheap and amazingly grippy, light and strong... cannot imagine having another pedal.  Plus James B runs them now so get on the band wagon, said he crashed on a downhill course- hit a rock w his pedal, the crank got bent but the pedal was fine.

wellgo mg1 needs to stay with the times of shit fsa power pro cranks, if you aren't a small child and have normal feet they are tiny tiny tiny.

On 11.5.2017 at 6:30 PM, niconj said:

I just bought some DMR Vaults.

I haven't ridden them yet but only standing on the bike they feel much more comfortable than my Nukeproof Electron Evo. :) Can't wait to go out and ride them.